Anybody selling Biodiesel? - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

CADTR #24 Forum for the California chapter #24

Anybody selling Biodiesel?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:28 PM

Anybody selling Biodiesel?

Just wondering if anyone anywhere near me (within 50 miles or so) is brewing diesel for sale?

Trying to figure out where I can buy the stuff, but not looking to spend more than 2-3 dollars a gallon.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:28 PM

Good luck, and not in a smarty-pants way. Extreme Biodiesel in Corona was at $3.94 about 2 weeks ago; Greener Tomorrow in Chino was at $3.9X last time their website was up (it's just a placeholder now). I'm making it, and it's costing me @$1.15 a gallon.
Why not make it? You can set up an entry-level processor for about $500.00, and provided you can get decent oil...
Seriously, if you can mix a margarita you can make bio. Being half-smart is plenty.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 PM

Its really a space issue for me or i would make it myself. No room for equipment of any kind or size unless it is kept outdoors (not even fenced in).

I was really hoping to find someone who is already set up making the stuff and has the ability to produce more than they can use. I figure if a guy is making it himself for under a dollar fifty, then he could charge me $3 and we'd both be getting a good deal...of course thats only if he has extra???
Old 05-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Chapter President

Angry

I wanted to make my own, until I found that a Tehachapi outfit has all of the oil in this area locked up in in special receptacles at all of the establishments. No oil means no fuel!!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by stinkindiesel View Post
Good luck, and not in a smarty-pants way. Extreme Biodiesel in Corona was at $3.94 about 2 weeks ago; Greener Tomorrow in Chino was at $3.9X last time their website was up (it's just a placeholder now). I'm making it, and it's costing me @$1.15 a gallon.
Why not make it? You can set up an entry-level processor for about $500.00, and provided you can get decent oil...
Seriously, if you can mix a margarita you can make bio. Being half-smart is plenty.
So how would someone go about setting up? ive got enough room to do it inside the garage i think... if it doesnt take up more than a car space... thanks
-dru