20.00%
May 23
65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Spring Dyno at AFI Edmonton

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wish i could have stayed longer didn't even get to say hi to some, next time i won't be so dumb as to double book events on the same day.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:35 AM

Yeah I was too busy to meet everyone as well. Under the hood in the corner..black dually...... What color was your truck? What is your first name?
Not Kenny?
Belated hello....
Steve.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp_Donkey
Tate,

Did you still drive your truck that night? I should have stuck around a little longer I guess. Seemed you knew exactly what you where doing all calm and casual poking around under the hood.
Yea, it was only about 4 km down the road from where we were at. There was about a 2km stretch with no street lights, so I just waited for a car to pull along side me and I paced him until my turn off. I'm looking forward to the day when I can put the truck up on stands and give some much needed attention to a few issues.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sent Martin a thank email:

Hi Martin.....Thank you so much for opening your shop for our diesel dyno...All the members had a great time and it seems the number of diesel trucks turning out is growing.When we started 4 years ago we had maybe 8 trucks.Boy did we dirty up your shop.I hope you will still allow the diesel trucks to dyno after the soot mess we left you.

Martins reply:

Hey David,

I am glad everything went fairly well. I dont mind the mess, it is no biggie for me, and you guys are always welcome back.

Take care,

Martin
Old 05-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Exact same numbers?? Need more turbo!!!
Those Mach 4.5's are just the perfect match to your turbo, aren't they!!!
Huh I would of thought it would of picked up some more power but I guess it confirms its needs more turbo. The twins should make it a pretty sweet ride.

Yeah those sticks seem to be a pretty good match. I might have to find a Smarty for next time and see how that helps. I don't think my truck was getting loaded enough judging by how late the power hit and it was only pulling 40psi and egt's were only 1200*.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:02 PM

What gear you pull in?
I got 435/884 in 5th and only 409/727 in 4th....
Of course that's with 4.10's and 235/85's
Old 05-25-2009, 04:08 PM

I am pretty sure it was in 4th.

I guess I only got video's of Tate's and my truck.

What do you link of my engine rattle? Injectors??

Old 05-25-2009, 08:47 PM

Great day for sure! I'm surprised with the amount of power my truck put down. I figured my poor ol' stock tranny was going to rob me more than it did. I definitely have an idea of what I want to do to my truck next. Can you say turbo, FASS and tranny upgrades? I just gotta figure out what size of turbo I should throw on...Suggestions?

Also thanks to Martin and the crew again for letting us use their shop. Maybe next time someone could bring some tubing to slip over the exhaust to direct the smoke/fumes out of the shop? Just a thought...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:19 PM
The Guru

Last year, my truck only put down a 38 psi with twins and mach 6's. I dynoed 500rwhp in 3rd gear.

I ran with/without smarty, no difference between runs both on DDP stage #3's and mach 6's.

I think you have to spray NOS to lite all the fuel. My truck seems difficult to get the truck to come to life. This outting my pull I was around 30/32psi. I put down a 380rwhp on fuel and 450rwhp on methanol/H2O. My guess is that we aren't get a decent load on the roller to really push up the power curve. Could have pushed on the brakes to get the turbos to lite.

I've ran a few different dynos, Martin's dyno is tuff to make HP with just #2 fuel. Its consistant but you don't get the big HP numbers just running fuel. Every big HP run I've seen was on a NOS shot. A few years ago, everyone ran NOS and put up big HP pulls.

578 rwhp on mach 4.5 is awesome run and on only fuel, that one strong truck.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Last year, my truck only put down a 38 psi with twins and mach 6's. I dynoed 500rwhp in 3rd gear.

I ran with/without smarty, no difference between runs both on DDP stage #3's and mach 6's.

I think you have to spray NOS to lite all the fuel. My truck seems difficult to get the truck to come to life. This outting my pull I was around 30/32psi. I put down a 380rwhp on fuel and 450rwhp on methanol/H2O. My guess is that we aren't get a decent load on the roller to really push up the power curve. Could have pushed on the brakes to get the turbos to lite.

I've ran a few different dynos, Martin's dyno is tuff to make HP with just #2 fuel. Its consistant but you don't get the big HP numbers just running fuel. Every big HP run I've seen was on a NOS shot. A few years ago, everyone ran NOS and put up big HP pulls.

Thanks man. Yeah I don't think the dyno was loading them hard enough if you look at my graph I have no power under the curve. If it was loaded harder the turbo would lite sooner and I think it would make more torque and have made power for longer then just peaking. What do you guys think??

Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 PM

pretty smooth graph, I would say that is about it... more turbo time
Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 PM

who is driving that silver 3rd gen with the sleddeck? i may be missing some of the principles of the dyno but could you not load the motor early via the brake?
Old 05-25-2009, 11:51 PM

I think the day just had the right amount of people there. Was able to bs with people, talk to Maritin & not be rushed. Wasnt salesmen there trying to sell you stuff. Everybody got onto the dyno. Best part wasnt no poltics like like other events that go on in our sport. Had a great time.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen

What turbo were you running that day Mike?
Old 05-26-2009, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by bigd450
Thanks man. Yeah I don't think the dyno was loading them hard enough if you look at my graph I have no power under the curve. If it was loaded harder the turbo would lite sooner and I think it would make more torque and have made power for longer then just peaking. What do you guys think??

Comparing your graph to mine, our graphs are almost identical to about 2700, then you start to pick up a bit more until the end. It cuts off hard at 3200, thats for sure. Your turbo isn't much smaller than mine, but you'd think it would come in a bit sooner than it did. Did you measure your turbo when you got it? Maybe whoever sold it to you screwed up and you wound up with a 66, like what happened with Kevin. Just seems odd that our graphs are so close until the end.

Quick Reply: Spring Dyno at AFI Edmonton