ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Red Cab lights(legal or not)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The holes and everything are stamped in the roof already Mike, you can buy the factory kit as well it comes with all the wiring and lights, i've been thinking of doing mine as well.
I would use a smoke colour Dave.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:19 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi Dave,

How did your 3rd brakelight turn out?

I'm not following you with the cab lights. Did you try tinting one & it came out red??

Hopefully you will be at the GTG today in the NE so we can check it out.

...Joe
Old 11-15-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Would I tint them red with amber lights??
No - I was thinking about clear lenses that are smoked so they are darker and then orange or red bulbs - Im pretty sure you can get different colored bulbs for these.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
No - I was thinking about clear lenses that are smoked so they are darker and then orange or red bulbs - Im pretty sure you can get different colored bulbs for these.
Thank Evil...let me get out there and check what the salers got...I thing Greggs will be my first stop...
Old 11-15-2009, 02:00 PM

If Im not mistaken, someone like Jetco makes them - you dont have to get the Recon junk.
I haven't had too much issue with my Recon's - the one I did, was my own **** fault. I won't say they're quality by any means, but that was defeated by spending more time on ensuring a proper install.

There was another manufacturer at JB's that makes LED cab lights the last time I was there just to take a boo. They certainly didn't appear to be any better than Recon though.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:33 PM

i agree in going with dark lights. whichever way you do it, buying them or tinting them.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Thank Evil...let me get out there and check what the salers got...I thing Greggs will be my first stop...
I was looking at their catalogue today - They have lots of lights - but I may be mistaken on this - you might have to go to Recon for clear or smoked cab lights.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:18 PM

Off topic but----no blues on the running boards,only red/amber as per MR Officer.I was stopped on my way to work one morning at 3:00AM,must of been a slow night but when i installed these LED"s i decided to put them on a separate switch.In town i run mostly off but on the highway ----no problems so far.The officer also made comments about all my gauges on the dash(5)+3 on the pillar,something about "obstructing" my field of view which i gladly pointed out that unless i drive looking at the hood all day then there is "NO" view problem.He let me off with a warning and did like my ride----seem he lighten up towards the end with a few questions about it.DW
Old 11-15-2009, 09:27 PM

Well that truck of yours will draw a lot of attention. Dont see them that nice everyday.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:38 PM

Well that truck of yours will draw a lot of attention. Dont see them that nice everyday.
Thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 05:09 PM

I have a free set of Recons with 2 out 5 not working, were on the truck 24 hours. I have a set of RECON interior LED's that dont work with the auto dimmer you can have too. I could not get a warranty reply until I told them I had a membership here with many unhappy customers. Like I said there free to someone who wants to experiment, won't deal with them anymore.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Would those things fit my 95?or are they for your 07.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by P Kennedy
I have a free set of Recons with 2 out 5 not working, were on the truck 24 hours. I have a set of RECON interior LED's that dont work with the auto dimmer you can have too. I could not get a warranty reply until I told them I had a membership here with many unhappy customers. Like I said there free to someone who wants to experiment, won't deal with them anymore.

I'll take them to see what I can make of them. I need something electronic to tinker with.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 AM

Speaking of removing chrome and things, I had the radio antena removed from the truck. The hole was filled in and painted at a local body shop. And a interior antena was installed by Auto Temp. Air and Sound. You would be surprised at how much it cleans up the look of the truck.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:29 PM

Festus, Diesel Dave beat you to them.

Quick Reply: Red Cab lights(legal or not)