ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

recession in Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, that one seems tame to what this guy called me. But i think it made me a better hand in the long run. Now it's my turn . Awwww myold man called me worse anyway lol
Old 11-30-2008, 01:20 PM

Now, I'm the guy y'all love to hate....S A F E T Y, until crap hits the fan that is.

"Pardon me Mr. Driller, you might want to watch those mud gains over the past twelve hours...she's fixin' to come at us."

"What do you know.....&*&^$#$^T&*)(("

****Then after mud is flying, sour is spewing, and they all have to mask up........."Btw the way Mr. Driller, I had my BOP ticket before you hit puberty."

The look on their face is priceless

Granted, I'll be the first to admit there are a lot of 'Worse Than Useless' in my part of the industry.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:28 PM

Dont get me going with you safety hands , but your right there are alot of "worse then useless" people out there...
Old 11-30-2008, 01:35 PM

That's OK.... I've been assigned to a plant since Jan 2.........so. I'm not in the field right now. However, that's soon to come to an end........then who knows.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:44 PM

Isnt that horrible, there is going to be alot of people, me included that will either loose there job, or will need to find a new one. We cant go to sask, my lill brother is there and he told me the drilling rig's are done, he also works on a service rig. they told them that they might not have anymore work for them past febuary. It's costing them "alledgidly" 3 to 6 million to drill and complete the wells. Now that the price of oil is down they are not getting these wells paid of quick enough. so in turn shut down drilling opps for the time being.

LOL im a rig hand not a spelling b champ, sorry for the mispelling of some words
Old 11-30-2008, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 06RED-BARON
I see he work's for the government, OH@S maybe now i understand his comment . I hope he doesent come to my rig and bust my ***** now.
No, no my friend. I'm a field sup. for CWC which is Central Alberta Well Services Corp. We are your competition just a heck of a bunch smaller!!
I would NEVER work for the EUB or OH&S...
Old 11-30-2008, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
Yep..........way different than when I first started in the patch - first time, got yelled at - second time you didn't remember, some time of wrench was coming at you

Well, not that bad, but pretty close.

It is true. I get to see it in the plants and the field. It is a different type of worker nowadays........and you have to be nice.......or they will cry.........and you get sent for Effective Communication class..........oohhhhhh, too much information
Same here Festus, you had 2 chances and then you were gone. Now days, we see all sorts. They are so excited to make the great money but then after day 2, they cant bare the "HARD" work. Everything is done with winchlines and machines nowdays...... Thank god I grew up on a farm!!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My last drive through part of Sask this week I noticed a big slow down of rig traffic on the highways. In the Southeast part of the province last summer a guy had to be careful at every crossing because it seemed like the equipment on the side roads had the right of way onto the highways...it was full speed ahead then. I also noticed a lot of the big pump jacks where not working this trip.
There still is more happening out there then there ever was though.

Folks on here where asking if I was in Moose Jaw...nope, I am in Regina.
My truck is bone stock other then the deletes on the smog gear and the mega cab stretch. I kept it stock for now and am looking at the possibility of a 2 gen builder out of North Dakota that is in really nice shape. Came across an old farmer that is looking to sell is 98 12 valve reg cab 2500 slt 4x4. Its that silver and maroon two tone. Truck has 88K on it. Its all field and highway miles.
I will check it out again on my next trip...if its still there. I also have found a few high miler 03 and 04 3 gens for cheap. Have considered getting one and going through it front to back. You'd be amazed how many high mile rigs are out there for less then 10K and they are not in real bad shape.

I got off topic...

Sorry.

Scotty
Old 11-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
No, no my friend. I'm a field sup. for CWC which is Central Alberta Well Services Corp. We are your competition just a heck of a bunch smaller!!
I would NEVER work for the EUB or OH&S...
No i meant the guy "03 ant a hemi or whatever", that said we treat our roughnecks like crap probably works for OH@S.. Wait a min, you guys need a rig crew? I work for Marty Dushanek with conoco, he know's sheldon pretty good, he would be my reference. Well nabors are pretty good to us, but they cant give us any steady work. Cant blame them for that...
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
My last drive through part of Sask this week I noticed a big slow down of rig traffic on the highways. In the Southeast part of the province last summer a guy had to be careful at every crossing because it seemed like the equipment on the side roads had the right of way onto the highways...it was full speed ahead then. I also noticed a lot of the big pump jacks where not working this trip.
There still is more happening out there then there ever was though.

Folks on here where asking if I was in Moose Jaw...nope, I am in Regina.
My truck is bone stock other then the deletes on the smog gear and the mega cab stretch. I kept it stock for now and am looking at the possibility of a 2 gen builder out of North Dakota that is in really nice shape. Came across an old farmer that is looking to sell is 98 12 valve reg cab 2500 slt 4x4. Its that silver and maroon two tone. Truck has 88K on it. Its all field and highway miles.
I will check it out again on my next trip...if its still there. I also have found a few high miler 03 and 04 3 gens for cheap. Have considered getting one and going through it front to back. You'd be amazed how many high mile rigs are out there for less then 10K and they are not in real bad shape.

I got off topic...

Sorry.

Scotty
Were still busy down here in the SE sask. Only thing is they slowed down cause of the price of oil. But they told us as long as oil is above 40, they will keep us going as its no longer profitable to frac these wells. But ya here is a prime example, we just hired a guy, 43 and useless(im sure his wrist is limp). Its not just the younger guys, its alot of people. Dont get me wrong we have lots of younger guys that cant read a watch, but beggers cant be choosers when there is no one to work.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM

Totally agreed there
Old 11-30-2008, 04:59 PM

Totally agreed there
Ya well you dont have to work with him. But could be worse, could be workin with old Danelle(AKA Dan) that used to work for PWS.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:04 PM

i cant believe that, how can someone do that , im so glad i got hired here first. (bonus, then nabors) so i take it you work for pws?
Old 11-30-2008, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by DODGER BOMBER
Ya well you dont have to work with him. But could be worse, could be workin with old Danelle(AKA Dan) that used to work for PWS.
EWWWWWW, I'll pass!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 PM

No i meant the guy "03 ant a hemi or whatever", that said we treat our roughnecks like crap probably works for OH@S.. Wait a min, you guys need a rig crew? I work for Marty Dushanek with conoco, he know's sheldon pretty good, he would be my reference. Well nabors are pretty good to us, but they cant give us any steady work. Cant blame them for that...
Hahahaha, the Marty Party. Worked for Marty a few times back in the Cenalta days...
Small world...

Quick Reply: recession in Alberta