ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

P-2146/ Uh-oh

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-2146/ Uh-oh

Had some troubles with my truck yesterday, after a 300km trip with no problems, my truck started to sputter and i had no throttle response. Shut her down and Checked filter "air and fuel" both looked good. Chip told me it was a fuel injecter group A supply voltage circut open. "P-2146". Started it up and then no issue's, so put it back to stock and drove from brooks to lethbridge with no issue's. Today truck runs like a top, programmer still on aswell. This has happened to me once before and that was 5 weeks ago. Any idea's ??

Thx Chad..
Old 02-05-2009, 06:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Its a long shot but the dampner came loose on my engine and caused erratic signals with the crank sensor which caused popping which threw a 2146 code(in addition to the cranksensor code).

Fortunately I caught before it came off all together....
Old 02-06-2009, 10:10 AM

hmm, ill give it a look and see what i can find there, thanks

Chad.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 PM

Well dampner is good, talked to donavan at armourlite and he figure's its either Injecter #1,2, or 3. " group A" I guess i need to get injecters or is there a cheaper option? Im guessing i should replace them all, any suggestions. Before i get too far i might go to red deer to do a test to be sure.

Chad..
Old 02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would check the electronic connections to them first. If the code shows for an erratic crank sensor, maybe a loose connection to the injectors would do the same thing??
Old 02-06-2009, 06:04 PM

OK i can do that but where about is that connection, or just look and see if any are loose i guess. I hate messing with the electronics on these things. Here is a thought could this be a problem with my bully dog? maybe its on the fritz? just throwing out thoughts. I just dont want to be left stranded on the hwy some where.

Chad.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:37 PM

Injectors are VERY expensive. I think around $600 each. Remove the Bully Dog, put some dialectric grease in the injector connectors then reset teh code and see if it comes back, if it doesn't then put the Bully Dog back on, if it still doesn't come back then it was probably a bad connection.

If removing the Bully Dog and greaseing the connections doesn't help then I would move injectors over from grp A to grp B one at a time till your code changes to grp b. This will tell you which injector is bad.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:46 AM

Ill give that a try with the connections and pull off the B,D program. Now question about switching group A with Group B, are you saying the inject ers them selves, or change the connections? Sorry for dumb question, not a mechanic. Wish i was lol, then i could stop buggin you guys.

Chad
Old 02-07-2009, 03:41 PM

The injectors themselves. If you aren't comfortable with that then just check the grey plugs on the side of the head(driver's side). Kinda down in the valley, above the intake next to the common rail.

Past that unless you feel comfortable swapping injectors, better take it in.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 PM
The Guru

I just talked to a guy today that had spare brand new injectors for a CR. Located in Calgary, but hopefully its something simple. Let me know if you want me to PM the guy?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:35 PM

On a side note, I have had that code many times when I had my edge juice with attitude on my 04.5 about 7 or 8 times over a 2 year stretch that I had the J/A. Anyways I always kinda ignored it, took the J/A off and got a Smarty Jr. and have been smiling for the last 100,000 km's. The 04.5 has almost 300,000 km's on the stock injectors and I have no reason to think that there is anything wrong with them. Truck still runs and sounds great! JMHO that there might be nothing wrong with your injectors.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by 06RED-BARON
Had some troubles with my truck yesterday, after a 300km trip with no problems, my truck started to sputter and i had no throttle response. ........ This has happened to me once before and that was 5 weeks ago. Any idea's ??

Thx Chad..
If its sputtering its not a random code.....
Old 02-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Ill tell ya what id love to tackle the injecters myself, but would like to have supervision . I also dont want to get raped at my local ***********,

Swamp Donkey:When that sode come up, Did your truck act up like mine did, with no throttle?

cLAYH: What exactly am i looking for when looking at the grey plug's, sorry i dont have the greatest knowledge on injecters. and thanks for all your suggestions, i appreciate it.

Mike Holemen: For sure ill letcha know, if my lill head cant figure it out with all the help from cLAYH. She will be going in hopefully this week if all else fails.

Thanks every one
Chad.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI, this was just posted in aother thread for injector R&R.

http://www.dynomitediesel.com/user_p...html?page=Tech

Looks pretty thorough although I've never done them.

Cya
Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 PM

A check engine light would come on and a couple of times it just died. I still blamed it all on my J/A.

Quick Reply: P-2146/ Uh-oh