ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

new vp44

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tate
Keys are pump specific, not engine specific, so it shouldn't matter which key is on the new pump.
That's what I was told too.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:33 PM

thanks for the replys, yes i'll be pulling the wrenches or well i'll take it apart going back together is always a different story. yeah mike it's only money i think i've spent a little over 10g this summer on it so whats another 1000 right? it's better then the bar/drugs and booze.
that place out of the states sounds good, warrenty would be nice since i like to run my truck fairly hard.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by kennyblatz
thanks for the replys, yes i'll be pulling the wrenches or well i'll take it apart going back together is always a different story. yeah mike it's only money i think i've spent a little over 10g this summer on it so whats another 1000 right? it's better then the bar/drugs and booze.
that place out of the states sounds good, warrenty would be nice since i like to run my truck fairly hard.
Atta boy...
Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup! it's been a good year for the trucks I'm not far behind in the spending department as well
Old 06-27-2008, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by ccmckee
Yup! it's been a good year for the trucks I'm not far behind in the spending department as well
Do tell. Whats in the works?
Old 06-27-2008, 01:53 PM

Ohh nothing much other than new turbo, plus all ofthe other money i've spent on it this year so far,body/paint job,intercooler & boots,steering box..........
Old 06-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Originally Posted by ccmckee
Ohh nothing much other than new turbo, plus all ofthe other money i've spent on it this year so far,body/paint job,intercooler & boots,steering box..........

So you won the bid??
Old 07-02-2008, 03:27 PM
The Guru

I went out camping this weekend. My truck broke down twice. Had to get towed twice. I blew my head gasket out towing my fifth wheel on Canada day. Last Friday my driver side rear wheel studs broke off and my wheel took a flight. Destroyed the rim and my bent up my rear fender. Thankfully they have lots of beer in Provost. I fix it up in a farmer field.
On the way home, I dump all of the crankcase oil all over the hiway. I think that I had about 1/2 liter of oil left in the motor. The rear oil passage way gave out in the gasket. The entire truck is covered with oil. It's still dripping on my drive way. My wife is impressed thats for sure. I'm thinking about using two NOS bottles and a stick of TNT, should fix her good.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:35 PM

I dont know what to say about that...

You have some bad luck Mikey....

Provost.......Um, was the beer cold at least?
Old 07-03-2008, 10:25 AM

Remind me to not park very close to you next time we havea meet that you make it too Sorry about your luck though Mike!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike.. I don't know how to respond to that. Provost for one, there aren't any hills to work it on unless you are trying to make a land speed record.

That truck just doesn't like you.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:43 AM

well i have looked around and found that not all new pumps come with a new computer. bluechipdiesel sells one for about 1600 with a new computer they also offer a special pump built with bosch parts that they claim will get 2-3 mpg increase for an exta 300 total pump price 1900. any one have one of these?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floorman
well i have looked around and found that not all new pumps come with a new computer. bluechipdiesel sells one for about 1600 with a new computer they also offer a special pump built with bosch parts that they claim will get 2-3 mpg increase for an exta 300 total pump price 1900. any one have one of these?
When I did my research for a new pump, which was about 2 years ago, it seemed to me that Blue Chip charges a premium for something they started, but that everybody does now. Talk to the rebuilder you are looking at and see what they do to them. If the chip in the pump is the problem, they are obviously going to have to replace it. I'd look at Pensacola Diesel, PDW, MidWest Fuel Injection, etc. I wouldn't pay more than $1100 for one of these things. I paid double that (CDN, by the time it got to me) for an II HRVP, wouldn't do that ever again.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
The Guru

The guy had a 1 ton chevy on the hook for the same thing earlier in the day. I've been told that its common with our bumpy roads and heavy loads. Can you believe that I was around the 100 kph area the entire time. I'm gonna name her "Drama Queen". Funny thing is that I have to fix it to sell it, and get almost nothing for the truck. All I can say is I it was weekend for vehicle issues, now its behind me, and lifes good. I might have said a couple bad words about dodge/cummins that day, but I'm over it. You should have seen my hemi 1/2ton pull the old girl home on a car trailer. The rear bumper was almost on the ground and couldn't really pull the hills. They sure don't make good half tons pick-up cars these days. I averaged 6-8 mpg out of the half ton pulling a 3200 kg truck.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Not to steal the post...But I know a fellow that has a 2001 which has a dead pedal.The truck idles ok but when you press on the pedel its dead for a long time then takes off.The only code he gets is a Mapp senor error...He hasn't checked the pressure yet...Could it be his VP going.??
The guy got back to me on this problem...It was not the VP...The truck blow out the ECM...which costed him $2400 plus $400 for Dodge to reprogram with a total of $2800 plus a senor that was installed and not needed with a cost of $800 and plus $6000 of lost business....Couldn't move his bobcat without hiring someone for the week and a half .....darn computers...

Quick Reply: new vp44