ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Need Dually Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need Dually Rims

Well just pulled my New 2012 off the lot. Time to start modding. Anybody know of a good website, or place to find aftermarket dually rims?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2011, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you doing with the current rims?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tate
What are you doing with the current rims?
Driving on them until I find some new ones.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Post up some pictures!!

Dodge now offers a really nice Alcoa wheel option on the new dually's. Not sure if they are 17's or 19.5's but perhaps some new take off Alcoa's would be a good option.

19.5's are really nice on a dually. The load range F & G 19.5" commercial tires are real tires for towing & heavy use. Very pricey though.

Just some aftermarket choices off the top of my head:

http://www.alcoa.com/alcoawheels/nor...ight_truck.asp

http://www.ricksontruckwheels.com/wheels-dodge-drw.php

http://aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=127

Have fun with the new truck.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Not trying to hi jack the thread...LOL
I have a pair of stock rims with tires in the classifieds if anyone is in need of some dually rims/tires.

Hopefully one day Dodge will do away with the cheap but expensive plastic covers.

One heads up on the 19.5 tires...they last a long long time because of their much harder compound which can make it REALLY treacherous in our climate in the winter. Choose the tire and tread with caution on that part.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:47 PM

MR Wheeldeal in the states has some of the cheapest prices for rims,anyone up here was 200+ more per rim.Ultra has a rim called "Goliath" in black with chrome accents or all chrome for more $$$.I think he quoted me $1200 for four Black/Chome ones shipping included.I will go with these when funds allow----hope this helps.DW-----PS do a search on here for goliath rims---a nice 3rd genner with these rims has posted some pics in a thread.My last set bought for my 01 came out of the states as well,pretty much 1/2 the cost than in Canada.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Thanks on the congrats on the new truck. The truck is a, crew cab, long box, fully loaded (every otpion) Laramie. The rims on the truck are 17" Alcoa aluminum rims. I don't want 19.5" rims, due to tire options in that size. I need to be able to run this truck in the mud, so spacers, lift and 35's/37's will be on the menu.
Very happy with the truck so far except for the turning radius. I feel like Austin Powers when I'm in a parking lot.
Part of my plan (I hope) is to black her out. So..I would like black rims.
Problem is that the mirrors, door handles, bumper and grill are full chrome, not chrome "stick ons". So it might be a lil expensive. I would like to change out everything that is chrome and get rid of all the badges and stickers.
Since she is new, I'm am now just doing the research side, to find all the best possible items and best answers.
Attached Thumbnails Need Dually Rims-d2012.jpg  
Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Very nice ride.
I know some folks have used the stock wheels ...not the Alcoa's and had them powder coated black. There are several choices [finally] for aftermarket in black for our dually trucks.

Have fun.

Scotty

on Edit; Niche and Neeper make some nice dually wheels.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by shlen
Thanks on the congrats on the new truck. The truck is a, crew cab, long box, fully loaded (every otpion) Laramie. The rims on the truck are 17" Alcoa aluminum rims. I don't want 19.5" rims, due to tire options in that size. I need to be able to run this truck in the mud, so spacers, lift and 35's/37's will be on the menu.
Very happy with the truck so far except for the turning radius. I feel like Austin Powers when I'm in a parking lot.
Part of my plan (I hope) is to black her out. So..I would like black rims.
Problem is that the mirrors, door handles, bumper and grill are full chrome, not chrome "stick ons". So it might be a lil expensive. I would like to change out everything that is chrome and get rid of all the badges and stickers.
Since she is new, I'm am now just doing the research side, to find all the best possible items and best answers.
Looks good---throw some ULTRA BLACK GOLIATH on with the BFG's KM2 mudders in a 255/80/R17 size(33.5inches---so far only BFG makes this size in a tall slim tire for a dually with an agressive tread) and your good to go.I get asked quite a bit about mine(tires)and with 35000Km i still have 60% left.Centramatic wheel balancer's are suppost to give more life to a tire as well so i'm put a set on---smooth it right out.Good luck in your decision.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by DWeiler
... BFG's KM2 mudders in a 255/80/R17 size(33.5inches---....
How are they in the snow and ice?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by shlen
How are they in the snow and ice?
Pretty good on ice---7 out of 10 but in the deep stuff they pull hard,even with a dually(sucks for 4x4ing)they pull me though some 12-15 inch fresh snow in 2 Hi.Last season i dropped 1300LBs of gravel in the bed and drove all winter---stuck like glue to the snowy/ice roads.Some guys are even adding siping but they may chunk off under hard core wheeling.Check out tire reviews for a more informed decision.Probable do them again in a few years and yes they are real quiet at highway speeds---very little singing.They ran me 2083.00 out the door for 7 so about 297.00 a tire (ALL INCLUSIVE).
Old 09-28-2011, 11:27 PM

If you are planning on selling the stockers, please let me know. Those would look sweet on a second gen.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:35 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Very nice truck!

Since you already have the super nice 17" Alcoa's & you don't want 19.5" or larger, I don't see the point of buying aftermarket wheels.

Even the Goliath Ultra dually wheels that Dave W. mentions are only available in 17 x 6.5, so there is no performance benefit to going to them.

http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_deta...brand=1&id=575

Tires are another story though as those OEM Ameritracs are really lame.
Dave W.'s dually looks awesome with BFG Mud Terrain 255/80R17's. Your dually with these tires on your Alcoa's would be a really functional & good lookin fit.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...80&diameter=17

What part of Alberta are you in? We do have GTG's occasionally, it would be nice to meet you & check out your new rig!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
What part of Alberta are you in? We do have GTG's occasionally, it would be nice to meet you & check out your new rig!
Bragg Creek Area
Old 09-29-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by DWeiler
Looks good---throw some ULTRA BLACK GOLIATH on with the BFG's KM2 mudders in a 255/80/R17 size(33.5inches---so far only BFG makes this size in a tall slim tire for a dually with an agressive tread) and your good to go.I get asked quite a bit about mine(tires)and with 35000Km i still have 60% left.Centramatic wheel balancer's are suppost to give more life to a tire as well so i'm put a set on---smooth it right out.Good luck in your decision.
Are you running a spacer?

Quick Reply: Need Dually Rims