ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Need Dually Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shlen
Are you running a spacer?
No spacers needed as they are tall/thin,i even bought a set of 2 inch steel spacers for my truck before they came out with this new size.I was going to go with 285/70/R17 or something similar then found out about these.$400.00 spacers have been sitting on my parts desk for 2 years and never used-----might have to put them up for sale.DW------PS ****these pics are when they are new that day.****Most are getting 40/50K miles out of them with a 8.5 rating which is pretty good for a mud tire.If you just want a standard pavement pounder highway/commuter tire i only run Michelin's LTX M/S on my company ride as well as all are other fleet trucks----120,000Km is the life we get out of these with loaded weight in a one ton cube truck,they wear like iron.
Attached Thumbnails Need Dually Rims-img_5691.jpg   Need Dually Rims-img_5688.jpg   Need Dually Rims-img_5687.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM

some more
Attached Thumbnails Need Dually Rims-img_5694.jpg   Need Dually Rims-img_5689.jpg  
Old 09-30-2011, 12:00 AM

^^ this guy doesnt mess around when it comes to his trucks ^^
Old 09-30-2011, 12:35 AM

I would give my right nut for your stock alcoas if tate passes let me know...
Old 09-30-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
^^ this guy doesnt mess around when it comes to his trucks ^^
---DIESEL OC Disorder doctor, my weakness-----.DW
Old 09-30-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tate
If you are planning on selling the stockers, please let me know. Those would look sweet on a second gen.
Bastard lol, I'm looking for a set of these for my truck too
Old 10-01-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DWeiler
MR Wheeldeal in the states has some of the cheapest prices for rims,anyone up here was 200+ more per rim.Ultra has a rim called "Goliath" in black with chrome accents or all chrome for more $$$.I think he quoted me $1200 for four Black/Chome ones shipping included.I will go with these when funds allow----hope this helps.DW-----PS do a search on here for goliath rims---a nice 3rd genner with these rims has posted some pics in a thread.My last set bought for my 01 came out of the states as well,pretty much 1/2 the cost than in Canada.

Hey Dave, or anyone else....

Have you dealt with Mr. Wheel Deal in Illinois before?

http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/

I have never heard of them but I just asked them for a quote on 4 KMC XD wheels to Montana.

They are $180 total cheaper than Tirerack & $220 cheaper than Tiresbyweb who I have used before.
They admittedly are a very small company doing drop ships from the manufacturers, but $180 is enough beer for me to consider them.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Dave...We should adjust that left tail pipe.Me being Mr perfect..Seems just a tade lower...Thanks to Mr. Holmen,he is picking mine up from Harry today..Hope those tail pipes adjustable or I will have to mod it..

Darn...another project..
Old 10-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
I have never heard of them but I just asked them for a quote on 4 KMC XD wheels to Montana.
May as well put rockstars on it.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
Hey Dave, or anyone else....

Have you dealt with Mr. Wheel Deal in Illinois before?

http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/

They are $180 total cheaper than Tirerack & $220 cheaper than Tiresbyweb who I have used before.
They admittedly are a very small company doing drop ships from the manufacturers, but $180 is enough beer for me to consider them.
No SIR but was given the name by a friend of a friend who had good things to say,thats why i checked them out. Around here for the Goliath, no one would come close to his prices even when shipping was 150.00 though Fed Ex.Probable pull the trigger on some in the spring-----rims/Glacier diesel ladder bars/finish my Carli starter and few others goodies are on next years list.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Hey Dave...We should adjust that left tail pipe.Me being Mr perfect..Seems just a tade lower...Thanks to Mr. Holmen,he is picking mine up from Harry today..Hope those tail pipes adjustable or I will have to mod it..

Darn...another project..
Tried adjusting the whole left pipe in the spring when installing the rear Bilstien 5100,less than 1/8 before contact---its a tight even around the BFG KM 2 oversize spare(33.5) too but,no burning/melted rubber yet.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tate
May as well put rockstars on it.

LOL, no Rockstars for me.

Originally Posted by DWeiler
No SIR but was given the name by a friend of a friend who had good things to say,thats why i checked them out. Around here for the Goliath, no one would come close to his prices even when shipping was 150.00 though Fed Ex.Probable pull the trigger on some in the spring-----rims/Glacier diesel ladder bars/finish my Carli starter and few others goodies are on next years list.

Thanks for the info Dave.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2

Darn...another project..
Sorry, but I saw the same! That's the only reason I don't like dual exhaust! I'm running the Nitto Trails but your truck looks good with those & no spacers!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by shlen
Well just pulled my New 2012 off the lot. Time to start modding. Anybody know of a good website, or place to find aftermarket dually rims?

Thanks
Any chance you were in Medicine Hat today? Oct 3rd?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by dvst8r
Any chance you were in Medicine Hat today? Oct 3rd?
Not me. Sitting in the field west of Drayton.

Quick Reply: Need Dually Rims