ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

June Dyno Dayz In Red Deer???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I'm not hauling animals whatever weekend it is, I'll be there.

I miss hanging out with everyone and then there are a bunch of new names I haven't met yet. Truck is up to snuff now so I might run the rollers, it's been about 4 years since it's been on them.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2008, 11:37 PM

was just throwing the 21st out there................doesn't matter to me either way. but I'll be in Calgary at DPS dyno day on the 14th though.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:41 AM

June 28th???
Old 04-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Dave, if you have no life, you should hold the next garage day event or let's finish off the clutch party. What you doing Sunday?
I was at the Airdire range this sunday...None of us fired a shoot because the fog moved in and no one could see the back board.Had to run back to Calgary to pick up supplies at Priness Auto.I think the clutch is also oil soaked.Really starting to notice its starting to grab funny and doesn't shift very smooth without the drivetrain jarring.This week I better order the clutch and also a engine rear seal and front seal for the trans..Got a little bit of oil coming out of the bottom bell housing...
Old 04-07-2008, 12:19 PM

dave I have a new rear main seal un-opend package if you're interested before you pay for a new new one.........
Old 04-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Thanks Luke...I will call you.I may also get a speedy sleeve.In case I need one...
Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM

You may not need a new seal, decide once you get in there. The worst decision I made was installing a new rear main when the old one wasn't leaking.

Back to dyno dates, not sure how the 28th will work for me. I should be back up here again at the other plant. Ideally, the 14th would be my pick, as that should be on my time off between shutdowns. Assuming it doesn't go long like the one I'm on now.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:06 PM

June 7th should work for most people.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:03 PM

Location: Alberta Foothills - Power to grow with 6 in a row - XLR8
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
I was at the Airdire range this sunday...None of us fired a shoot because the fog moved in and no one could see the back board.Had to run back to Calgary to pick up supplies at Priness Auto.I think the clutch is also oil soaked.Really starting to notice its starting to grab funny and doesn't shift very smooth without the drivetrain jarring.This week I better order the clutch and also a engine rear seal and front seal for the trans..Got a little bit of oil coming out of the bottom bell housing...

SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT MY TRUCK!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:55 PM
The Guru

I worked all weekend. What I miss??? Anyone put down some decent black marks? I just did a burnout here in Whitecourt. I have to put on four new tires any ways, so why not lay down some rubber. I hate road trips!!! I might have to find a parking lot so I can work on my donut skills.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:05 AM

Im good for the 7th, but not the 28th (race day)

Kevin
Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 AM

The 28th will be the long weekend for most folks so probably not a good idea.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
The Guru

Dave is there any way to pull the cover under the truck and take a look. The cam plug leaks is a common one. I thought I had main seal leakage issue, not justa leak from the valve cover at the rear, primary turbo drain leak, front main seal and somewhere else. I too lazy to fix everything.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:29 AM

Hey Jamie,

I got the turbo on and once I get the injectors in I would like to get on a dyno. My brother is doing a bunch to his truck so he would also like to get on a dyno, we will probably make it in june but would like to get on sooner to do some tuning. I was going to see what vex would charge to get a couple runs on the dyno. It would also probably be good to get a diesel on their dyno, I think I remember you saying they havent yet but that was awhile ago. If they havent that would be a good test before all of us showed up there.

Were abouts is there shop?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Hey, hey. How do you like the turbo? I can't wait for ya to get those Macher's in to see your reaction. They sure make a good turbo spool fast and hard.
Vex's shop is kitty corner across the street from Home Hardware Building Center on the North end of town. There's a strip mall building there and they are on the south end of it. One of the partners there had his Ford on the dyno but it layed down some minimal numbers. It would be nice to get a Cummins on there soon to make sure they have all the right things to make this dyno day happen smoothly. They are building ramps so that our trucks are level and not sloped like most dyno's out there. That will stop the auto's from leaking ATF all over the place...

Quick Reply: June Dyno Dayz In Red Deer???