ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Busted!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Busted!

I heard on the news this morning they busted a guy named Dave in Huntington Hills for stealing tailgstes off of trucks and selling them.They found 16 tailgates in his basement.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...973/story.html
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahole.

Put a hose clamp around where it mounts to the truck and they have to have a screwdriver or nutdriver to steal it.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Ahole.

^^Totally agree....

I hope this doesn't turn out to be what I was suspecting that was going on... Too many coincidences...
Old 04-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Well guys.....If you had a tailgate stolen in the last year in Calgary...Contact the city police...
Old 04-20-2012, 01:55 PM

Yup karma does eventaully bite back.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:07 PM

Holy cow! Thats almost too funny. I'm sure the folks on ABDiesel recognize the name Dave Smith.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:30 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
That's worse than horse stealing, and you know what they do with horse thieves.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:39 PM

Someone tried to get my bro-laws a few year back off his 03 Dodge dually,wedged something in the lock.My 07 has a lid on it that is always kept locked(nothing of valve in the back).I have been hit twice with broken side windows in the last 3 years at work on my 07(rear window is $800ish/side is $650),gotta love NE( DA-HOOD) Calgary.Company ride gets hit every few years too.A few years back at the old "Crossroads Flea Market"(16Ave/Barlow NE) a local Dodge dealer stored 10 dually in there lot for a bit---one night someone helped themselves to 60 dually tires/rims,all the trucks were on there axle's.The local car dealers along Barlow(KIA/DRIVING FORCE ETC) get hit quite a bit-----enough to have the police sit and stake-out in my work/companies lot.The police are there frequently---enough to question me as i roll into work at 3:00AM,6 days a week.---AT LEAST THEY ARE WATCHING.DW
Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM

At a $1000 bucks each for a bare shell from the dealer, it's a tempting item to steal. I know, I have replaced two of them over the years.

Quite the market if you have the customer base.

Jeff
Old 04-21-2012, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tate
Holy cow! Thats almost too funny. I'm sure the folks on ABDiesel recognize the name Dave Smith.
Too think it went from that blue beast to this...
Old 04-21-2012, 12:21 AM

Who has a rubber band for making a bull a steer????
Old 04-21-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So my suspicions have been confirmed...

It was so strange on ABDiesels.. One guy is posting a variety of tailgates for sale & others were posting that their tailgates were being stolen.
I was suspicious long ago..
And he was certainly not the smartest criminal around...

While the perpitrator is a family man, I hope he gets exactly what he deserves & figures out a thing or two about life & being a good person & citizen.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

ok guys ya ,i no i messed up
i had alot of bs going on in my life and couldnt get help from anybody evan including the banks ,,work was scary for me and was about to lose everything not just that blue beast i had...i made a bad choice now i have to deal and live with it ...you guys have no idea what i was going through and my family.....

joe..you and every diesel truck in calgary can be rest assured that i never took your tailgate ,,i never took a tailgate from a diesel truck only cause i do have or had freinds that have diesel trucks and one could of been you ,so i stayed away from diesels ,,i no elisifer has a diesel that lost his tailgate in my area ,,,but i never took his that was somebody else..im not the only guy that stole gates in my area ,,the cops told me that ..next thing yur gonna tell me that i took the 26 tailgates that were stolen in one night in airdie ,
guys im not trying to make up excuses for myself i can do that at court well my lawyer will...and i no that i've lost all respect from all the guys that were my freinds so to part like this really sucks ,,but thanks to all that were ..and i wont forget ya all..you are all good guys..
i EDIT up and now i have to face the consaquences....i had to do what i had to do guys...but i will swear on my family that i have never stole a tailgate from any diesel guy in calgary or alberta in that matter....sorry guys
Old 04-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Banned

i no i made the biggest and baddest choice of my life ,and well as you can see i got caught and well its very embarasing and i feel like a loser and a ahole as joe and dr.evil said ..once again guys im the one thats gotta suffer the consequences not you..
i feel this thread should be deleted cause its already all over the news ,i dont need the whole world knowing my probloms.....
Old 04-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Thank-you for your apology, although I have never had a tail gate stolen I did damage one badly on a new truck, that alone made me sick. This thread has made me realize just how wide spread tail gate theft is, I plan on keeping my tail gate locked and also using Dr. Evils trick method.

Quick Reply: Busted!