ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Anyone heard of WF Hot Shot Services?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Anyone heard of WF Hot Shot Services?

Went to register my trailer today(the GN) and it turns out it was a lease vehicle and has never been released.

So if I contact the lease company they can tell me if the lease has been paid out and if so can send me a release letter.

The Leasing company is listed on the registration as WF Hotshot Services Inc. Kinda weird that a Hot Shot company is listed as the comapny holding the lease.

Anyway I googled them and checked 411.ca and didn't find anything. Anyone know anything about them? Phone number maybe?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that sucks, I have never heard of that company before either,, good luck on that
Old 04-09-2009, 11:43 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
the hotshot company can be holding the lease on a trailer, being purchased through them by a hired hauler.

Some guys can't get credit for whatever reason, that is an easy way for them to get on the road.

That said, I have never heard of that outfit, although WestFreight Systems has been known to go by WF in the past.

Good luck on your search.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what the heck, who sold it to you? wasn't it the owner of the trailer? does the bill of sale not make you the new owner? or is there a lein on it that you can't register it.

the only WF I've heard of is WestFreight, but they're a fair size trucking company. maybe they have a hotshot division?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
No I was still able to get it registered ok. But my pink slip says it is leased from WF Hot Shot services. Being that its an '01 I'm sure its paid out. WF probably just forgot to remove the lien, I've had that happen to me before. Sold a vehicle I had taken a loan out on and repaid but the bank forgot to discharge the lien. New owner called me about it and I called the bank and they sent a letter to the new owner discharging the lien.

I bought the trailer from a guy at the auction. I got to the auction late and it was already sold. The new owner say me looking it over and asked if I was interested and said it was going up on his sales lot in Red Deer. He owned Doecher Equipment.

I made a deal to give him $500 over what he paid for it and picked it up from the auction yard. Yeah he made $500 for waving his arm in the air but thats bussiness, it was the EXACT trailer I wanted and was still a REALLY good price so I didn't mind. Anyway I don't have any info on the last registered owner.