ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Alberta Nov DYNO/GTG

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the same dyno location as last time?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDually
Is this the same dyno location as last time?
Nope this is a different shop as the other place moved and can only handle 900 lb/ft trq and this one can handle close to 2000 lb/ft trq. Or something like that
Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 PM

AFI Performance
8216-43 St.
Edmonton, AB, Canada
T6B 3M2
(780) 490-4226

Dyno Specs..........and note the axle width measurement for you Dually guys....

DynoJet Model: 248x - 2-wheel drive

DynoJet 248x Specs:
Maximum Horsepower 2000+ hp
Maximum Speed 322km/h (200mph)
Maximum Axle Width 96"
Minimum Axle Width 29.5"
Maximum Axle Weight 3000 lbs
Drums 2
Drum Width 26"
Drum Diameter 48"
Wheelbase Minimum N/A
Wheelbase Maximum N/A
Operating Temp Range 0°C - 57°C
Timing Accuracy +/-1 microsecond
Drum Speed Accuracy +/-1/100th MPH
RPM Accuracy +/-1/10th RPM

"The Dynamometer that started it all. Dynojet's Model 248x chassis dynamometer is an updated version of the 248c that can be found almost everywhere. The Model 248x is rated to 2,000+ rear wheel horsepower. Maximize your shop's potential with increased sales, service efficiency and shop credibility. Its durable, no maintenance construction ensures that you will be investing in many years of flawless tuning and troubleshooting. Through the use of state-of-the-art computer technology, the Model 248x Dynamometer allows you to quickly and accurately diagnose performance problems. By simulating the best "seat-of-the-pants" road testing right in the shop, problems are easily diagnosed in a fraction of the time. Shop sales, service work, and credibility all benefit with a Dynojet Chassis Dynamometer."
- DynoJet.com
Old 09-28-2007, 01:14 AM

dynojets are good for the ego,, they rate higher on a diesel truck

Kevin
Old 09-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned

Dyno Jets really like twins and NOS so guys with those will be able to make some high numbers as well.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:35 AM

So a dynojet will read higher than a Mustang... Anyone figure out what one is more accurate by figuring out hp by 1/4 mile times? I guess I am just a stickler for accurate results..........
Old 09-28-2007, 12:45 PM

They are both accurate, just different in the way that they interperet the results,, so a dynojet will give a higher number than a mustang (especially with a diesel truck due to the large ammounts of torque that we put out) Dynojets are a inertia dyno, as where a mustang dyno is a load based dyno. On trucks under 500 hp I dont think you will see a big ammount of difference, but 600 and more you can get some wild numbers... especially if you know how to trick the dyno... guys that know what they are doing can spike the dyno with a late shot of nitrous, I have heard of 200 hp gains with spiking a dynojet

Personally I would like to see what my truck will do on a dynojet, just to see,, I might try and see if I can get on sub performance's dyno the same weekend and try to compare,,, not sure if I will be able to manage that or not, but I will try.....

I hope to give you a bit of a run Aaron lol... I think that I am short one turbo though

Kevin
Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
They are both accurate, just different in the way that they interperet the results,, so a dynojet will give a higher number than a mustang (especially with a diesel truck due to the large ammounts of torque that we put out) Dynojets are a inertia dyno, as where a mustang dyno is a load based dyno. On trucks under 500 hp I dont think you will see a big ammount of difference, but 600 and more you can get some wild numbers... especially if you know how to trick the dyno... guys that know what they are doing can spike the dyno with a late shot of nitrous, I have heard of 200 hp gains with spiking a dynojet

Personally I would like to see what my truck will do on a dynojet, just to see,, I might try and see if I can get on sub performance's dyno the same weekend and try to compare,,, not sure if I will be able to manage that or not, but I will try.....

I hope to give you a bit of a run Aaron lol... I think that I am short one turbo though

Kevin
Im sure you will be able to give us a bit of a run..... even though you are missing one turbo....lol.

Well its going to be a fun day thats for sure. Like I said before will be good to meet all you guys and maybe we can drum up some more business.

Aaron
Old 09-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone bringing a camera??to post pics after the event...
Old 09-28-2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Anyone bringing a camera??to post pics after the event...
Ya i got my new Canon S5IS that will do 15min of video per card and takes top notch pics also. So i can handle part of it for sure.Ill also Bring the laptop to upload and burn onto some disks before we all leave if anyone wants to.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:51 PM

i will have my camera and video camera there.

I hope that I can be within about 100 hp of ya there aaron

Kevin
Old 09-28-2007, 09:18 PM

Count me in, I want to see what my ol' reliable will lay down on the rollers
Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did we find out who drives our trucks on the dyno?
Old 09-29-2007, 12:04 AM

Today I started putting in my snow water meth kit. So far I am not impressed at all. The worst instructions I have ever seen and some missing parts, little nubs for wires etc........ Thought I would do the "plumbing" part of it. No fitting for the windshield washer fluid. Thought I would do the wiring. No wires. It would not be bad.... but like I said above the directions and drawings are lame. They gave me 2 625 nozzles. Not even sure if I am supposed to use one or two with their lame instructions. Now that I went to town and spent a couple hours chasing parts and another $50 bucks I can finish up the install tommorow I think. I hope they have improved some in recent years! I was looking @ the receipt and my wife bought it for me for christmas of 2004!

Sorry about being on the chip about this, but it makes me mad!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:32 AM

lol,, Im pretty sure that they have come along ways since then

Kevin

Quick Reply: Alberta Nov DYNO/GTG