4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.
View Poll Results: do you like being limited to a HVAC GUI on the radio?
I use the touch screen & think it's cool & neat
0%
I use the HVAC buttons instead of the touch screen
44.44%
it's ok, as long as it don't break
33.33%
I hate it, it's annoying technology for tech's sake, instead of useful
22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

what is your opinion of the HVAC GUI / controlled only by the Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
what is your opinion of the HVAC GUI / controlled only by the Radio?

Friend with a 2014 already had the radio go out, and all you can do then is defrost, and whatever Mode you left it on, before the radio broke.

and the little buttons that you DO have, are in some kinda space ship arrangement deal that you basically have to stare at, to figure out.

on my 2015, if you turn on the ReCirculate, it automatically turns on the AC, even when it is ~40 degrees out. I remote started mine this AM, and had fair to middling heat on the way to work, and i thought, "you big dummy, the heat can't overcome the cold outside air, put it on recirculate"

ten minutes later, I am getting colder & colder, look down, the dang AC is on, turned it off & figured i fat fingered it.

wifey rode with me tonight, she was cold, and i was playing with the Recirc, and sure enough, it cuts the AC on everytime.

i really do NOT like the HVAC being built into the radio, I would rather have big huge buttons that you can use if you have gloves on, and you can hit one without looking at the road.

and I like a temperature ****, because you have to run Defrost in the AM and AC for the drive home sometimes, and waiting on those push buttons to move the temp slider up or down is annoying.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:38 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
It's about the dumbest idea yet, when the screen goes dark you have no control over the heater, no radio, no uconnect for your phone and no trailer brakes, it's not only a dumb idea it's an accident waiting to happen. Imagine towing a very heavy load and you try to stop not knowing that you have no trailer brakes. Fiat should issue a recall on the Uconnect 8.4 before someone gets killed.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Got 1 1 and don't have that feature. Sounds like something I don't want. I am about to upgrade my radio but it wont be factory and will not have ac controls in it. The wife's Kia radio has gone bonkers twice. The car won't start or move when it happens. First time it had to be towed to the dealer. 2nd time, I found some info online about how to reset it myself. You might do some deep digging. There might be a reset procedure for yours.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:56 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Well it turns out the dealer doesn't have, can't or won't get "new" radios so for $2200 all you get is somebody's used "rebuilt" radio. It seems with the aftermarket radios a lot of things won't work with them so If you want your truck to work with the features you paid for you have to go factory. Not giving up so easy though and that would be the last resort, going to do some digging first.