4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

UConnect and phone book syncing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UConnect and phone book syncing...

Who knows how this works? The owners manual and CDs are essentially silent. I've apparently done it once but I have no idea how it happened. It is clear that the UConnect system loads a phone book of my numbers from someplace. Perhaps it's my phone but they are now out of sync.

I deleted my phone from the UConnect system and removed ALL phone book entries. I know they were removed because I tried to list them and the wench on the radio told me the phone book was empty.

With the phone paired and connected, you can download the phone book via BT. It has all the outward appearances of a simple process. But regardless of how long I sit there with phone on the console and the UConnect in this mode, nothing appears to happen. I verify this after a time by trying to list the names in the UConnect phone book and she tells me that it's empty.

Then, at some later date, a day, two days, three days?? All of a sudden my UConnect phone book has names in it! Only, these aren't the entries as they currently exist on my phone but THE OLD ONES! There are several new ones and several changed numbers in my phone that are either not in the UC phone book or are there in their old form.

Where the hell did they come from and how can I get it to work CORRECTLY?????

I'll tell you that I've sworn out loud to the UC lady enough that I feel like I need to apologize to her mother.....
Old 08-06-2012, 10:00 AM

What kind of phone do you have?

I am in your same boat with my droid bionic and I can keep you posted. My UC is doing all sorts of crazy stuff like changing ring tones for certain people and not working half the time. The truck hates my pandora app as well and will stop playing it and then decide to play some of my custom ringtones over and over.

I am so mad at the UC lady I have even cussed her mother out!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 AM

I have a Galaxy S. I don't even bother to play music thru it to the UConnect because (as has been documented here before), it appears to play at double speed, making the songs sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks are doing all the singing.

Oh and I've told that b**ch to go to hell more often than I care to remember. The fact that she still talks to me is amazing.

One thing I do know is that the UC blue tooth system works differently from the bt device hooked to my motorcycle helmet. The voice is not the same, the prompts are not the same. And the numbers aren't the same. For example, I can call my son (who has a new phone and number as of a few months ago) using his contact information on the phone from my helmet by responding to the prompt with "Call Alex R, mobile". But if I try to respond to the UC prompt with "Call Alex R", she tells me that there is no such entry in the phone book.