4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Strange discovery

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Strange discovery

I will have had my 2014 Dodge Ram Laramie diesel for 6 months this coming weekend and I have my first service scheduled for this Friday and as I am down in Yuma AZ and the weather is great right now I decided to Clay my truck and will give in a good coat of Carnuba wax when it is a little cooler.

As I went to the passenger side of the truck I noticed that the chrome trim that goes along both doors is missing and looks like it has never been installed.

Amazing I did not notice this but it appears it was missed in build and at the dealer during PDI. Can't say I ever saw this before.

As this is a Canadian bought truck, I'm not sure if they will take care of it down here or whether I have to wait til I get home. Not a big deal but I wondered why my truck wanted to keep turning left......... just kidding!!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yuma, huh? That's a place I don't want to see again.

Go down to the Dodge dealership, see if Hector Godinez (may have spelled his last name wrong) still works there in the service department. He's a great guy and will help you out if he can.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
Yuma, huh? That's a place I don't want to see again.

Go down to the Dodge dealership, see if Hector Godinez (may have spelled his last name wrong) still works there in the service department. He's a great guy and will help you out if he can.
I will do that. They just opened a new building on the same site. Service drop-off is quite impressive.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:34 AM

Followup to my original post:
Madhat, your buddy is still at Fisher, I talked to him but did not deal through him.
My truck had a couple of issues, with one being a faulty tire sensor and my memory seat lost calibration, plus I found a problem with my radio and it kept freezing up and not working. A google check finds that they have been having problems with the 2014 radios. As I have full warranty I decided to have everything done here in Yuma but will wait until I get home to deal with the chrome issue.
A new radio was ordered and installed and then I had to contact SirriusXM in Canada to activate the radio and on contacting them I find that this new radio is a recycled radio which was registered to someone in British Columbia and deactivated in Sept. 2014 and now installed in my vehicle.
Does anyone know if I have any recourse as I have full warranty and the extended warranty on this truck and really expected a new radio to be installed, not a recycled one?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
You'd have to look in your warranty booklet, but I think I've seen a clause where they can use factory refurbished parts.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
You'd have to look in your warranty booklet, but I think I've seen a clause where they can use factory refurbished parts.
You might be right, but I am still going to complain. When you are retired and have nothing better to do then ......... well you know where I am going with this.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
tell them the radio is acting up again and they need to replace it !!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:18 PM

Madhat is right. I contacted Dodge customer line and they confirmed that they can supply factory refurbished parts. I hope my brakes don't go on the fritz!!!