4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Still getting deals on new trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Still getting deals on new trucks?

Are you guys still able to get 10,000 of of sticker price on new trucks. I was looking at possibly upgrading my ride, the local dealer didn't want to deal at all. Anybody on the East coast that does deals like Dave Smith out west? Oh well, guess I will keep the current ride.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kernersville chrysler jeep dodge in NC gave me a awesome deal
Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Spooler
Are you guys still able to get 10,000 of of sticker price on new trucks. I was looking at possibly upgrading my ride, the local dealer didn't want to deal at all. Anybody on the East coast that does deals like Dave Smith out west? Oh well, guess I will keep the current ride.
-----> Dump your dealer as they apparently don't have a clue. There are plenty of dealers who would like to make a sale.

Palmer Dodge in Roswell, Georgia, their web inventory list shows $9k off a 2012 4wd Big Horn and they show $10k off on the 2 2012 4WD Laramies they have in stock.

Akins Dodge in Winder, Georgia shows $9k off on several listed 2500's on their inventory. I'm sure there are others.

But the best I've seen near Georgia is Steve White in Newton, NC. 28658, which makes the following statement and they have a good selection. (Their inventory shows 46 2500's and 54 3500's in stock)

(BUY A NEW CHRYSLER, DODGE, OR JEEP AT
INVOICE MINUS REBATE MINUS UP TO HALF OF THE "HOLDBACK". HOLDBACK IS THE "HIDDEN PROFIT
THAT THE DEALER RECEIVES FROM THE MANUFACTURER).

(THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL FEES TO BE ADDED TO OUR PRICES,
THIS SAVES YOU UP TO $1000 OVER WHAT OTHER DEALERS CHARGE - EXCITING!)

(EACH NEW OR PRE OWNED PURCHASE INCLUDES FREE DELIVERY OR AIRFARE TO MANY STATES)

(WE ARE THE WORLD'S LARGEST EBAY STORE - YOU
WILL LOVE OUR SELLING PROCESS AND THE SAVINGS!).

Call around and play the "Can you beat this quote" game.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:09 PM

I did dump my local dealer... I was laughing all the way out the door.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I heard commercials today for $11K off any four door Ram, don't remember which local dealer it was. If that's the radio advertised price, you could probably negotiate something even better in person.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:34 PM

Nothing I like at Steve White.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 AM

Deals can still be had. I just got my SLT for $11 under sticker. The extra grand was if you trade a diesel in on a diesel. I wasn't going to trade but they gave me higher than excellent book plus the extra grand so I couldn't say no. Plus I couldn't decide who was going to be the lucky one to buy my truck so I traded it and let them fight the dealer for it. I figured it was fair. I suppose we could have drawn numbers or something too. lol
Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
local paper today here in Sacramento
http://www.folsomcdjr.com/specials.htm
Old 05-25-2012, 10:40 PM

I give, I was looking for a 3500 4x4 dually QC longbed. Black and Tan with dark interior, Laramie Longhorn, Max tow package, fully loaded except for rear DVD. No luck finding one. They also have another 1000 off for active or veterans this weekend.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:38 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If you can't get at least $9-$10k off MSRP (sticker) then keep looking. There are dealers out there hungry for your business. http://www.westmotorco.com/MiscPage_11
Old 05-26-2012, 04:19 PM

I was just wondering why you couldn't special order one from a receptive dealer? I believe I would make my list and start calling around. Anyone have any thoughts on that approach?

Spooler, isn't Georgia set to end the yearly Ad Valorem tax after March 1, 2013, and replace it with the one time title tax? It may just pay us to wait until next year. Yearly Ad Valorem taxes are killers on $50,000 vehicles.

From a search---->

ATLANTA (WXIA) -- For many years, a cost of owning a car included an annual "birthday" or ad valorem tax. Well, beginning March 1, 2013, that fee, as we know it, will go away.

Beginning on that date, a big change in Georgia's tax laws will eliminate that tax for motorists. In its place, a one-time title tax will come into being for purchases of new or used cars after that date.

The big question: will the new tax cost motorists more?

For most people, the answer is no.

Motorists who purchase a new or used car or truck now pays a sales tax on the vehicle, then a once-per-year tax based on the value of the vehicle. That fee is paid out when the vehicle's tags are renewed each year.

As a result of this change, the ad valorem tax deduction vehicle owners have been able to take will go away.

For purchases on or after March 1, 2013, owners will pay a title tax of 6.5 to 7 percent on the purchase of the vehicle.

Although this is a double edge sword. It's my understanding that sales between private parties will also get this, even if you bring in a vehicle from out of state. A change of title and new registration lets them get everyone now. I think the dealers lobbied for this putting them on equal grounds with private party sales.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:48 AM

I already have to pay sales taxes of 7%. What, they are going to charge me another 7%. The only way they will change it is if they can collect more money....LOL
Old 05-27-2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Spooler
I already have to pay sales taxes of 7%. What, they are going to charge me another 7%. The only way they will change it is if they can collect more money....LOL
It's my understanding it takes the place of the sales tax as well. From a bit more searching----->

"Pending Deal’s approval, people buying cars after March 1, 2013, will no longer face paying an annual tax. Instead, vehicle buyers will pay a one-time fee up front, beginning at 6.5 percent in 2013 and topping out at 7 percent in 2015. The fee takes the place of both the sales tax, which is paid at the time of purchase, and the annual ad valorem tax."

I hope this is what happens
Old 05-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Contact Ed West @ Dave Smith. DSM has a huge inventory or they will gladly order you your special truck. They provide all the paperwork for your state and you pay your state's fees and taxes.

Myself and two others special ordered ours from them and we're way down in San Diego. Complete satisfaction. I just wish they'd open a store here.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM

LOL, dealer I went to has a very similar truck, like I wanted, except it is a 2500 short bed Larimie longhorn at the front of the lot with 11,000 off sticker plastered on the front windshield. Too bad it won't work for me. My pin weight is too high for a single rear wheel.

Quick Reply: Still getting deals on new trucks?