4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Quad vs. Club vs. Mega

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad vs. Club vs. Mega

What are the differences? Is there a lot more room in the Crew vs. the Quad Cab? Where is the extra room in the Mega over the Crew? Behind the seat?

I currently have an 03 Quad and I am really looking hard at the new Crew/Mega cabs and wanted some more info.

Thanks,
Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 AM

The room is incredible in the new crews. I couldn't believe it until I got in one. Our three boys are growing up and they were cramped in my quad. Now they can swim in the backseat. I believe the mega will allow you to recline the rear seat is where the difference is for the most part. I didn't even look as I wasn't interested in a short box at all. You owe it to yourself to go find one and jump in the backseat.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went from the 01.5 Quad to the 06 Mega Cab, to a 2010 Crew Cab. The new Crew Cabs are pretty sweet, but I am missing the behind rear seat storage. My truck has the Premium Sound system - whatever that means - which has a rather unimpressive sounding subwoofer filling the entire passenger rear underseat storage bin. That leaves the smaller unit under the driver side rear seat, and some pittance of space under the seatbacks. You have to be careful, though, as the seat belt retractors are open, and can get caught in stuff shoved underneath. I do have the in-floor storage boxes, but tend to forget about them! I have a nice factory floor mat that covers them up, and "out of sight, out of mind" kicks in. I'm not used to them.

The big kicker for me and the deciding factor between them all was room for my boys, with an 8' box and DRW. If Dodge (Ram? Fiat?) would PLEASE make the Mega Cab Long Box DRW we want, I would be all over it! For now, though, I am very happy with the 4th Gen crew cab, as it seems wider than my 06 Mega ( = more room for two rapidly growing boys and the dog) and the seats are much more comfortable.

No real regrets going with the newer Crew over my Mega.

The Quad Cabs we sat in were kind of funny -- the skinny rear door and dismal rear leg room quickly turned us away, but it may be perfect for someone else. I can see my Father in Law using one, as he is usually the only occupant and carries his gear in that area, but he is a Ford lover. I also know some young families that could fit the child seats there, and Mom or Dad can still easily reach them if they need something. By the time they are needing the legroom, it could make sense/be time to trade or moveup to the bigger vehicle. My wife used to like how easy it was to reach the boys in my 2001.5 Quad cab, when they were small, compared to the 1999 Grand Caravan we had.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:36 PM

I just recently sold my 2003 Quad cab and bought a 2010 Crew cab. My teenage girls say the Crew cab is MUCH more comfortable. The back of the seat reclines a little where as the quad cab back seat is almost straight up. Yes, the room is much bigger with the Crew. I think the overall truck length is approx 9 inches longer, but it is worth it. You will not be disappointed with the Crew cab... Plus it has enough room for 3 adults in the back seat if needed...
Old 07-18-2012, 09:02 AM

Thanks for all the great info and opinions. My truck is not a DD nor will the new one be.... It will be to tow my 5th wheel. My current truck (03 QC 2500) pulls it fine, but I have always wanted a dually. I just recently traded my 31 ft Jayco Eagle for a 39ft Sandpiper. I have been across the scales and I am still good, but the heavier pin weight makes me want a dually.

With that being said, I have pulled for 7 years with the shortbed QC with no problems but like the idea of the HUGE Mega cab. I am thinking that since the Crew is bigger than the current QC and I can get that in a LONG BED dually that a Crew 8' box dually is the ticket and the best of both worlds....
Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 AM

you could always buy a new Mega Cab and extend the frame to fit a long bed...a guy around my town has one, though it's as long as a school bus you'd have the best of both worlds without having to have a dully.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Went from an '03 Quad to the '11 Crew because my kids were complaining about the lack of rear leg room in the Quad. No complaints with the Crew.

It's kind of like Goldilocks- the Quad is too small, the Mega probably more than you need, the Crew is just right (plus it fits in my garage).
Old 10-07-2012, 08:34 AM

Try going from a 1st gen club cab with side jump seats .... to a. 2010 crew cab
My woman calls it her blue stretch limo...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 AM

Went from 07' QC to 12' megacab. WOW I am 6'5" and some change and I can sit comfortably in the back seat without touching my knees. The megacab has seat that can recline. There is also storage room behind the rear seat and under the seat.

Indiana is reffering to something like this: http://www.longbedmegacab.com/index.html

But your warranty falls out the window once you do this one.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by tj1230
Went from 07' QC to 12' megacab. WOW I am 6'5" and some change and I can sit comfortably in the back seat without touching my knees. The megacab has seat that can recline. There is also storage room behind the rear seat and under the seat.

Indiana is reffering to something like this: http://www.longbedmegacab.com/index.html

But your warranty falls out the window once you do this one.
The only thing that Dodge won't warranty is, the drive line. Because they lengthen it . I had mine stretched in August. in Utah at Precision Bodyline. Lifetime Warranty on their work. They do excellent work. Name:  57179DA6-F5BA-4666-A0F8-356A67F5B9D0-4806-0000072F8EDEAF28_zpsa219d5d0.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  110.0 KB
Old 10-21-2012, 05:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe some day I'd love to get this done! I drive a school bus for a living so having a truck that is as long of a bus shouldn't be any different. What does something like this cost? I love my Mega and so does my 14yrs old 6' son.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by RamGazer
Maybe some day I'd love to get this done! I drive a school bus for a living so having a truck that is as long of a bus shouldn't be any different. What does something like this cost? I love my Mega and so does my 14yrs old 6' son.
Hi, my conversion was around $5100 But I brought the 8 foot bed with me, from home.