4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Power Steering HISS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had mine in today for this issue. They had to order parts in for it and the wash fuild tank. They said that it would be about a week to get the parts. I would imagine that the holiday weekend has something to do with that part of it.

Will-
Old 09-01-2011, 09:02 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrahs
wished I could answer that question but they are taking an integral part of the hose out so I would not trust it. If I have issues after warranty is done, then I will have a stainless braided line made for them to cure it for good
I wouldn't trust it either. That piece is obviously there for reason or else it wouldn't be there to begin with. That is a good idea with the lines. I drove by a place here in Vegas when we first moved here in July that custom makes stainless braided lines. I have to head that direction this Saturday night, if I remember, I will get the name of the business.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
for those dealers pulling the sleeve out of the hose and sending customers on their way, they may get a rejected claim from Chrysler. read below

TT9002426

Brake HydroBoost
Part Numbers:
05179891AS
Issue Description:
Hiss During Brake Applications

Customers may complain of a hissing noise during brake applications. If you have this complaint, please perform the following:

1) Inspect the power steering pressure hose (running from the pump to the hydroboost) by removing it at the hydroboost end fitting. The power steering pressure hose internal tuning element (white plastic line) may have released from inside the hose and is sticking out and/or become trapped in the hydroboost. If it has, replace the entire power steering pressure hose*, top off the steering system fluid, and bleed the system of air and verify the noise is no longer present.

* WHEN RETURNING THE HOSE TO THE CHRYSLER WARRANTY CENTER, PLEASE RETURN THE ENTIRE HOSE INCLUDING THE WHITE PLASTIC TUNING ELEMENT THAT HAS RELEASED FROM INSIDE THE HOSE
Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 AM

All the dealers down this way are doing it. Guess they are all getting rejected.
Guess they want to fix the problem rather than replace the faulty hose with another faulty hose?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 PM

I got tied up and could not take my truck in for this, plus I was worred they may flash it while they had in in the back. So I pulled the hoses off and low and behold, the top one has the white plastic insert stuck into the metal pipe it connects to. It was in there a good 3" and was hard to pull out. The lower hose did not show the plastic insert so I assume it was still connected.
I re-attached them, turned the wheel back and forth to get the air out, and no more hiss.
It takes 5 minutes to fix it.