4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

IPod Adapter Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPod Adapter Install

I just picked up an I pod adapter kit (82209617AB) for my 07 mega cab. I have the factory navigation system and satellite radio. This adapter has a lot of history including; discontinued by Mopar, erases preset tuning, etc. I still want to install this kit. Does anyone have instructions on removing the radio in a profesional manner so I can install this kit without trashing my truck?
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your megacab is anything like my 06 mega.... then it's super easy. going from memory, so i might leave out a step, but here goes:

pop the liners for cup holders and what looks like a shifter for a transfer case (back before they were electronic switches), there should be three 8mm bolts then that piece pops up. then two bolts and the vertical piece comes out... then two bolts (upside down) hold the radio trim/fascia in - just pry gently, once it's started it'll all pop off. disconnect your climate controls and then there are a couple bolts that hold the radio in.

open your glove box and squeeze the sides together to make it swing all the way down so it can come off the hinges.

that's about it for disassembly. there is a BOATLOAD of room behind there. I just zip tied my adapter to the round tubing and called it a day.

also - if you have an auto, you can hide the ipod below the panel for the stick in a manual tranny. found out the hard way that the glove box is the first place a thief looks for goodies
Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DA Snow
I just picked up an I pod adapter kit (82209617AB) for my 07 mega cab. I have the factory navigation system and satellite radio. This adapter has a lot of history including; discontinued by Mopar, erases preset tuning, etc. I still want to install this kit. Does anyone have instructions on removing the radio in a profesional manner so I can install this kit without trashing my truck?
Thanks in advance!
Did you get this kit in? I have been looking for one for my 06 and heard Chrysler discontinued it. Curious if it is as bad as they say.. the preset things. I have been researching after market ones but I am not sure if they show info on radio display and I am not sure if your AB kit does as well. Also.. looks like the superseded the part to AC now.
Thanks
Fixit