3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

IPOD adapter blue tooth?

Old 02-01-2008, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPOD adapter blue tooth?

Anyone found an i pod adapter that runs blue tooth that could possibly connect to the dodge Uconnect sytem. I got the stupid nav system that does not have the little plug to connect the ipod direct and was wondering if anyone has any luck with this or tried it. Any suggestions.?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:29 PM

Get the I-pod thing that ties into radio stations on your truck stereo. Don't know of a bluetooth hook-up... which with my technological skills probably means everyone but me has one....
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM

Someone must have tried something here. Don't want the fm transmitter i think they are totally useless after trying 2 -3 of them.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PowerDiesel44
Someone must have tried something here. Don't want the fm transmitter i think they are totally useless after trying 2 -3 of them.
X2 ... i have one on my daily driver and it's just about useless in the city ...
Old 02-05-2008, 11:35 AM

If you will try the Belkin Tunebase FM Transmitter with ClearScan for Ipod you will not need any other adapter or mount.

I have tried just about everything you can imagine in the way of FM transmitters and this is by far the best you will find.

It will automatically search for a clear channel. Just set your radio to that frequency and the sound is amazing for an FM unit.

It comes with adapters for just about any model IPod and charges as it plays.

The holder alone is worth the price.

You can pick one up at Wal-Mart or Radio Shack.

If it does not suit you just return for a full refund.

Trust me when I say I think you will be more than pleased with it.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 PM

try harmon kardon,dont know if it will work for you or not.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:09 PM

I 2nd tennman. The Belkin unit is one of the best Ive seen. I have had mine for about 6 months. It does have its draw backs at times rough roads and sometimes I have search for a clear channel two or three times before it will find one that is clear. You have to make sure it has a good connection in the dash plug. I love it though it places the ipod in great postion when plugged in to the upper power plug by the radio.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 AM

Not to dispute what you are saying but i just don't like any of the transmitters. Maybe if i tried the one you are using i might warm up to it, but i'm a little fussy about that stuff. What i was really wondering and i might just suck it up and try it, but i was really hoping someone else had done the legwork is... I've seen various wireless headphones and adapters for ipods that are blue tooth. Now what you should i'm thinking be able to do is instead of the ipod adapter connecting to the headphone i would like to believe it can also sync to the u connect like your phones do. Don't know what kind of sound it would produce but it should work. Maybe in the next week or to if i haven't heard of anyone trying this i will give it a go.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:03 AM

The FM transmitters are only OK if you don't move. Various stations will overtake the frequency if you are on the move and then you will find yourself searching for free frequencies every few miles. I drove myself crazy driving from Michigan to NC.