4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Front Jump Seat Conversion Commencing Soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got the console for my 2011 Mega Cab, still have to get the part number for my dash section so I can finish it out. I've got several photos of my progress and once I get them off my phone I'll post mine.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:25 PM

Did you ever get this installed? I have a 2013 Big Horn with a center console and two bucket seats and I'm considering a switch to a fold center seat. I need the space for one more person.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:48 AM

Any updates would be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:15 PM

No update yet ...

I haven't had time to install the seat yet. Working 28 on/28 off you'd think there would be plenty of time Ha Ha Ha, but kiddos have been out on summer break from school so last time home was WOT keeping them entertained. I'm planning on installing it when I get back home from overseas next month. I have all the parts ready for the install. I took several photos, but that was on my previous 2500 and now have a 3500. Install will be the same, but interior is a different color. I'm only missing a couple of dash trim pieces, but I wanted to wait to see exactly what I needed because they are $$$ and non-returnable. I'll post update next month when I tackle the install, sorry for the delay.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:02 PM

Jump Seat swap

Just curious, to familytruckguy, did you ever finish installing the swap? I'm in the process of doing mine. My only problem is finding the brackets and mounts on the bottom of the jumpseat.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:03 AM

Any update

Originally Posted by thefamilytruck
I haven't had time to install the seat yet. Working 28 on/28 off you'd think there would be plenty of time Ha Ha Ha, but kiddos have been out on summer break from school so last time home was WOT keeping them entertained. I'm planning on installing it when I get back home from overseas next month. I have all the parts ready for the install. I took several photos, but that was on my previous 2500 and now have a 3500. Install will be the same, but interior is a different color. I'm only missing a couple of dash trim pieces, but I wanted to wait to see exactly what I needed because they are $$$ and non-returnable. I'll post update next month when I tackle the install, sorry for the delay.

Were you able to complete this project? I'm working on converting my 2010 RAM Laramie. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by 6.7L MegaCab
It's been a couple weeks since my last update. Figure it is fitting to say Happy Fourth of July and for anyone following this, give an update.

1. I ordered everything I think I need to complete my conversion. Should be here on Tuesday. I ordered through DodgeParts.com. However, I did a lot of researching on the parts using the Mopar eStore since you can get the part numbers through there. Hint: When doing this conversion, find a VIN that is the exact opposite of your truck (woodgrain, dark slate, brown, etc, 115V outlet, or no outlet, auto vs. manual, etc) and put that in the VIN field of the eStore to minimize results. Also use that VIN when ordering through a Mopar dealer to alleviate any confusion. When ordering the bezel, if you have the 115V outlet, make sure the one you order has it too. The Mopar eStore only gives the 3 digit codes, so I had to reference my build sheet (DodgeParts.com spells out whether it is w/ or w/o power outlet or w/ or w/o center console - however, I did find some discrepancies)

The VIN I used was nearly the exact opposite setup as my truck except it was a 2011. The part #s are as follows:

1KZ311SDAC - Bezel Instrument Panel Center (w/ power outlet)
5KQ271DVAB - center seat belt buckle half
5KQ361DVAB - center seat belt tip half
55111180AA - center duct, auto transmission
1RT53DX9AA - Floor Console, MAT, Storage Tray
1RT17XDVAA - Floor Console, Tray, Floor Console (this is the small tray that sits directly in front of the center seat. I had to use the VIN lookup to find this)

2. I found the right side 12V outlet connector. That little sucker was tucked up behind the lower glove box. Just as I was about to give up looking for it, I moved a wire bundle and noticed the black connector taped up nice and tight only for those willing not to give up, to find it. So no extra wiring harness is needed.

3. Here are a few of the 3-Digit codes you may need to know and will help when deciphering everything:
CAC - Center Console (bucket seats-what I had)
CBE - w/o center console (center seat-what I now have)
JBY - Instrument Panel Color Keyed Bezel
JKV - 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet

So the codes together for the Bezel I need is JBY, CBE, JKV. I wish there was a full code list of every option available posted somewhere. I think that would have made it a bit easier for me to figure this stuff out when I first started researching.

I have been taking pictures as I have discovered stuff (such as the 12V connectors) to hopefully make it a bit easier for those doing this conversion, to accomplish it w/o too much headache. Once everything arrives next week, I will start the install tutorial.

Have a wonderful day everyone and please be safe with the fireworks!

I realize this is a very old post, but I was wondering if you had the results of your conversion? Thanks!