4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

AutoEnginuity is well worth the money

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anymore updates from forum members regarding the Autoenginuity Scan tool?

Mr. Hemi
Old 02-09-2015, 10:09 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
What would you like to know, Mr. Hemi?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 6.7L MegaCab
What would you like to know, Mr. Hemi?
Have you done any data logging with it yet ?
Does it data log threw OBD port or do you need sensors for each
thing you want to data log ?
Old 02-09-2015, 03:55 PM

No, I haven't done any data logging yet. Although it is something I want to do once I get the time to do it.

No additional sensors are needed. It's all done through the OBD port.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:43 PM

Can you access modules to activate options that you have added, the reverse camera for example, without needed the ******* to do it?
Old 02-10-2015, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can enable and disable pretty much all the options that are programmed in the TIPM. I have played with my back up sensors, puddle lamps, lights etc. and I'm sure the rear view camera is there as well (I haven't tried to disable mine to see if it lets me). As for data logging, there's a HUGE list of sensors you can choose and it takes points as often as you set up and saves them to a .csv spreadsheet file.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:55 PM

This tool can actually access more levels of data than what the dealer tool can, such as changing parameters that the dealer tool can't do. Just as R_C said, about anything within the TIPM. You can perform network diagnostics, but not at the dealer level. It's powerful, but Chrysler limits what aftermarket diagnostic scan tools can do.

I have been through every menu, I don't recall seeing anything regarding the camera, however there are menus that only list 3 or 4 letter codes.

I installed a MyGig RHR from a 2012 in my truck with no problems. I activated the navigation function that provides turn-by-turn directions on the EVIC. I also installed the ITBM when I first bought the truck, and when I bought the scan tool last year, I enabled that feature to display on the EVIC as well...I may mentioned that already...

Anyhow, it's a powerful tool, can perform a ton more functions than what you can get from a standard handheld sold in auto parts store or your cheap USB obd scanner. This company puts in a lot of time and effort to make it better and updates it frequently.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:22 PM

I got my ProLine yesterday and I'm excited to learn how to use it. I was surprised to see that this is one of the few threads on the forums that talk about the AE.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
so if you buy a truck without Nav enabled, can you use this to enable the Navigation?

think that is $600 from the dealer?
Old 12-09-2015, 09:25 PM

6.7L Mega Cab..are you still on here following this thread...I have an autoenginuity scan tool..I have a few questions for you..
Old 12-09-2015, 09:35 PM

I'm still on here!
Old 12-09-2015, 10:23 PM

I used my autoenginuity to turn on my buddy's puddle lamps and mirror turn signals after he added the mirrors..also turned on his ITBM he installed..what else have you all figured out to turn on...maybe the fogs with highbeams...I see theres lots of letter abbreviation like the ITBM..how do you find out what they all mean or stand for.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:18 PM

I don't have fogs on my truck yet, so I'm not sure if that is even possible. I've been through every menu and don't recall seeing anything about turning on fogs with high-beam lights. If that capability was never a feature from Chrysler, I don't believe it can be activated. The acronyms I took a swag at and researched what I thought a code would be. I haven't plugged it in a while, so I don't really remember what all I've done with it, that I haven't already posted above.

I think I did turn off the See Dealer (or whatever it was) message when it was time to change the oil...now all I will get is Oil Change Required.

The TIPMs are manufactured for a variety of vehicles, but not all vehicles will be wired for what the TIPM may be able to be configured for. For instance, the rain sensors, I don't think that is an option for our trucks, but is an option for one of the Chryslers...it can be enabled, but nothing will happen since the module is missing.

I reread my posts above about the DRLs. There is a module that is needed to activate them.

I adjusted the TPMS pressure points at one point because they were being problematic. I did set them back to stock, but if you change tires and find that he minimums are different than the stock tires, then you could change the values for when the light load/minimum pressure light warning would activate.

I requested the build sheet on my truck from Chrysler a few years ago, so it may be worth contacting them to see if they have a sheet they could send that lists the meaning of the acronyms.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:08 AM

Not sure if this will help those that have a scan tool...not just the AE, but I've attached a sheet listing the Scan Tool Data for the TIPM and PCM from the service manual.
Attached Files
Old 02-13-2016, 08:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 04ctd
can you use this to enable the Navigation?

think that is $600 from the dealer?

it's $695 to turn on Navi now, can this tool turn on Navi?

Quick Reply: AutoEnginuity is well worth the money