4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2012 6.7 erratic guages wipers blinkers lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 6.7 erratic guages wipers blinkers lights

Brand new 2500 with 750 miles. Started truck gauges started spiking wipers running lights flashing never died no rough idle but had cel. Shut it down started again an hr later no cel no problem... Any suggestion possible bad battery or needs to be flashed or ecu/PCM???
Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Communication problem with low speed bus (LIN BUS). Engine won't or shouldn't shut down as that is a safety issue. If my memory serves me correct from helping another member a couple months ago, the LIN BUS is controlled through the instrument cluster. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it continues. If I recall, once you shut the truck off the dealer may not be able to find anything, so if it becomes a problem, drive straight to the dealer and have them look at it first so they can see that there is a problem. It has been a while since the last time it happened to me, but one of the things that happens is that it will also disengage cruise control and when you try to turn it back on and set the cruise, it will disengage again (same with EB). I put up with it for quite a while then it finally stopped doing it one day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-29-2013, 10:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
First I would like to say I was incorrect about there not being any codes stored if the issue goes away on its own. Secondly, it has probably been about 6 months or longer since it has happened to me...until this morning that is. It about stranded me at the gas station. Got the same indications as you did as soon as I left my house this morning. Went to get fuel, but unlike in the past, my BM couldn't establish communication so I could check and clear the codes and I couldn't start my truck until after I cycled the key a few times. Once the initial errors cleared themselves, and the BM was able to talk to the system, I did have DTCs for low & high speed bus, abs and one other. I believe the member I was trying to help had a physical problem with the cluster thus DTCs were not being set.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2