4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2010 First Impression

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't respond to your question about "emissions maintenance". Never did any except working my 08' hard everyday which is the best thing you can for it.

I looked at the manual and couldn't find a reference to scheduled DPF maintenance but that doesn't mean there isn't any. I'll ask the dealer. One thing I noticed is the 10' differential service is different. With the 08' mandatory fluid changes to maintain the warranty never sat well with me.

Because the truck is used in dusty desert mountain country the SLT interior materials are better suited for me. I can shampoo seats and carpets and clean the durable plastic trim leaving the inside like new. The laramie set up is a little more difficult to maintain not to mention the cost.

I never have been a fan of chrome trim (like the door handles) and turn signals on the improved tow mirrors but those are just my opinions.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Apache1
Can't respond to your question about "emissions maintenance". Never did any except working my 08' hard everyday which is the best thing you can for it.

Good question. I'll look at the manual and post any scheduled maintenenace.

Because the truck is used in dusty desert mountain country the SLT interior materials are better suited for me. I can shampoo seats and carpets and clean the durable plastic trim leaving the inside like new. The laramie set up is a little more difficult to maintain not to mention the cost.

I never have been a fan of chrome trim (like the door handles) and turn signals on the improved tow mirrors but those are just my opinions.

Just been reading the diesel forums about the 6.7's and the many in services for cleaning the turbo, egrs system, o2 sensors, ccv etc. Now from what I observed in the 20j10 maintance user manual? or on those lines... It seemed what had been from the past a warranty type repair...now appears as a required maintance service?? that's all I was trying to find out. If it is not a warranty type repair and now a schedule maintance cost? How much does this cost to do how often?

Thanks Apache1.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 AM

How is the back seat room compared to the quad cab? For people of any size, the quad cab is terribly uncomfortable. Calling "shotgun" is serious business around here....LOL. My brother tells me that he looked at a new crew cab 1500 at a local dealership (we dont have any HD's yet), and the leg room of the new crew was not that great. Maybe the HD's are different that than the 1500's?

What is your opinion Apache?

LONG LIVE COWBOY! The team roping was actually good to watch this year. Pretty exiting with the world records being broken like they did huh?
Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 AM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by Palmetto_kid
How is the back seat room compared to the quad cab? For people of any size, the quad cab is terribly uncomfortable. Calling "shotgun" is serious business around here....LOL. My brother tells me that he looked at a new crew cab 1500 at a local dealership (we dont have any HD's yet), and the leg room of the new crew was not that great. Maybe the HD's are different that than the 1500's?

What is your opinion Apache?

LONG LIVE COWBOY! The team roping was actually good to watch this year. Pretty exiting with the world records being broken like they did huh?
I haven't seen em yet but from what I hear the Mega Cabs have more room in the back than the front.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
I haven't seen em yet but from what I hear the Mega Cabs have more room in the back than the front.
Apache has the new crew cab (which is what my question was about), not the mega cab.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:50 AM
I think I can... I think...

Apache has the new crew cab (which is what my question was about), not the mega cab.
I know...just givin ya other options.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Kid,

The extra 6-7" leg room and reworked seat back position (with the three headrests) is quite a bit more comfortable than the quad cab. Someone over 6' would probably fight for the front seat.

I know, two back to back world NFR records at 3.4 and 3.3. Unreal! Gives us something to work on that's for sure. The interesting thing is those head heel horses have some real age on them.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:26 AM

How is the back seat room compared to the quad cab? For people of any size, the quad cab is terribly uncomfortable. Calling "shotgun" is serious business around here....LOL.
I really like the size of the Quad cab on my 06, I'm 5'11". I can adjust my seat to where I like it, jump in the back behind the drivers seat and have plenty of room. But no quad cab in the new 2010 HD trucks, bummer.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:39 AM

They're not making HD quad cabs? I know they make quad cabs in the 09+ half tons.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:12 AM

For 10' the new larger Crew cab replaced the smaller Quad cab. The Crew has about 6" more leg room than the Quad.

Ram still offers the even larger Mega cab.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 AM

Thats interesting that they are offering the quad on the half tons but not on the hd's. I'm more than happy with the size of the quad cab, but I guess whenever i get another one it will be a crew.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by wmonroe
They're not making HD quad cabs? I know they make quad cabs in the 09+ half tons.
Originally Posted by wmonroe
Thats interesting that they are offering the quad on the half tons but not on the hd's. I'm more than happy with the size of the quad cab, but I guess whenever i get another one it will be a crew.
Those are crew cabs you're seeing on the '09 1500, not quad cabs.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:40 PM

I don't think because i have two buddies at work that have 09's, one is a crew and one is a quad. When they are parked side by side it is a very noticeable difference.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Apache1
Truck Pic.
Those aren't the dragoon mountains in the back ground are they.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:06 PM

Very nice ride and thanks for the writeup!

Scott

Quick Reply: 2010 First Impression