4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty on 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
Sitting in your 2010, does it feel like comparible leg room to your 02.
It's measures the same, best I can tell, but feels like less to me.
Something feels more constricted but can't decide what, probable because I don't have more than a few minutes driving the 2010.

RJ
RJ - my two cents worth - not sure what seating you sat in with the 2010, but I can tell you being a fairly big guy myself (6'3", 260 lbs) that at that size I have plenty of room in my crew cab. The front seats in my '10 have as much legroom my '06 - but I can't speak about the previous gen's as I hadn't discovered Dodge's back then! BUT - I did also drive a crew 2010 with the top-of-the-line ventilated front seats WITH the center console (versus the lift up console that can be a middle seat as I ended up with), and at my size I felt constricted in that config. A lot of my height is in my legs, so maybe someone as tall but with their height in their torso wouldn't find that fixed console to be problematic...
Old 05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
The Guru

Rj, it is different, I'm a little guy 6'2-240lbs, but the seat at its far back position. For a big guy like you, I'm sure its abit more crampt, with minimum seat room. So far I don't like the seat as much as my 02, but the 02 seats are abit more broken it than the 2010. I just have about 60 miles on my 2010, and I had to drive my 02 2000 miles out east, so really, I don't have alot of seat time behind the wheel of the 2010 about two weeks ago. I wished that they built a seat with more laterial support seat kinda like the SRT seats. They are nicer than the 3rd gen seats, but still not as nice as the 2nd gen seats, maybe it me. Probably the only real reason why I've kept the truck, they just fit me. I can sit in them for 20hr non stop and still walk The 2010 is a nice street driver truck, a little to fancy for a work truck for me.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys....good info.
I'm really leaning towards Standard Cab Dually,with the 40-20-40 Seats.
Door and Seats are same as my 02 and an 8 foot bed, which is getting to be a collectors item! .

RJ
Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I wished that they built a seat with more laterial support seat kinda like the SRT seats. They are nicer than the 3rd gen seats, but still not as nice as the 2nd gen seats, maybe it me. Probably the only real reason why I've kept the truck, they just fit me. I can sit in them for 20hr non stop and still walk The 2010 is a nice street driver truck, a little to fancy for a work truck for me.
Mike,
I'm surprised you don't think those Laramie seats are as nice as the SRT seats - I have an SRT Charger and those seats are as close to what's in the SRT as anything I've seen. The what-I-think are called the "side bolsters" are new from the 3rd gen's - and what the SRT's have. I'm really curious as to what your 2nd gen has - they must be some seat! But, like so many other things, we all have different preferences and what is great for some might not be so great for others. One reason I am had four different 3rd gen quad cabs and now have the 4th gen, is that the seating was so much better than the competitors'. I had a S.o.B. (some other brand) truck for working, and if I spent more than an hour in it, my back would kill me.
I do have to agree - the 2010 is a little fancy for a work truck - especially the Laramie. Altho it would make working so much more friendly!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:36 PM
The Guru

ramtradxb, thanks for the correction on the seats, you are right on the money. There is some side laterial support on the 2010 improvements in the seats, but my 2007 300 srt seats, just had a little more, in the right spot for me. I'm not complaining to much about the 2010, its just plently fancy for a truck. It does make for one nice family RV hauler. I just drive my truck with work coveralls, and drive in the muck and stuff at times. My 1500 SLT quad had the leather seats, but not as fancy inside. I like that, its more work like and I'm not afraid to get the truck dirty. I wanted a SLT with basic leather interior, not the fancy laramie. Don't take this the wrong way, its is a very nice truck, but fancy stuff in my world just doesn't last long. The cloth seats are awesome, but I wanted leather seats for all the extra driving that I do. The heated/cooled seats are awesome. It is one nice looking truck, I did get lots of thumbs up and where did you get it from. Unfortunely, my 02 doesn't get that to often anymore...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
The cloth seats are awesome, but I wanted leather seats for all the extra driving that I do. ...
My theory is that leather actually wears longer than cloth - at least that's what I've found in the trucks I've had over time. I tend to wear out the cloth where I slip on and off the seats getting in and out of the truck.
Have you seen the vinyl seats in the basic regular cab 2010 1/2 ton Rams? They look pretty stout, and I'll bet would clean up easy if they got mucked up. I think if I still needed a true work truck, I'd go with them, and take out the floor mats and Line-X the floorboards so I could just hose it out!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:29 PM

Agreed...never selling the 02.
But like you... I have a use/need/desire for a second CTD!

RJ
Funny, I've been thinking the same thing lately Rowland. The 01 will still be around for my son to drive in 14 years....lol.

Just decided I needed to start looking at the new trucks. Want to keep it pretty mild but like a lot of the new features on the new trucks.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:25 PM

Thanks guys....good info.
I'm really leaning towards Standard Cab Dually,with the 40-20-40 Seats.
Door and Seats are same as my 02 and an 8 foot bed, which is getting to be a collectors item! .

RJ
Rowland...

I've been driving my new 2010 Crew Cab Long Bed for a few weeks now...LOVING IT!

Chris
Old 05-23-2010, 05:48 PM
The Guru

I find the ride quality is different than the other years. The front seems to float more and the rear is fairly stiff. Works well towing the RV, and seemed to act more balanced than empty.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:19 PM

Any info on the SMARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:48 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by arcojet
Any info on the SMARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck on that item smarty item. Marco/H&S is still working day/night to fix the truck.

Anyways the facts are that no one really has a decent transmission to hold what the new 6.7L engine had dishout. In my eye, its the biggest limiter to making decent power in the 10 truck. Currently power limited to around 700-800rwhp and a lot more torque. Don't get me wrong but wow, I was impressed. The torque curve seem fatter down low or its because of that extra low first gear, towing seemed pretty decent in my stock truck. Hopefully destroked can have their Zeus ECM out to fix those extra emission firing cycles for everyone. The extra power in my 02 will win at the end of the day, that my new play toy.