4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Looking for dyno info.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Looking for dyno info.

So, I had my truck deleted over the weekend. The details are in my sig line. I was wondering if anyone with a similar setup had any real dyno numbers that could relate to my truck. The truck definitely is a lot more fun to drive. But I am convinced that it is not as strong as my 5.9 with similar mods and smarty 4.2 beta. This might be due to higher gear ratio, or maybe not.

The 5.9 with smarty 4.2 was in the ballpark of 500hp and 1000tq according to multiple trucks running same setup.....

What is this 6.7 doing with said mods?

Where do I go from here for more power? If I had a goal, i would say 600hp.....

Thanks guys!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:31 PM

Im running a deleted 2012 dually. H&S xrt pro, 5" turbo back exhaust, Airaid intake. My truck ran 485hp/ 950tq at the wheels
Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 91.5 beater
Im running a deleted 2012 dually. H&S xrt pro, 5" turbo back exhaust, Airaid intake. My truck ran 485hp/ 950tq at the wheels

that's what i'm hoping to be at, but i'm not so sure. thanks for sharing.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:28 PM
The Guru

I would get larger nozzles and a bigger turbo, unless you buy mcc (and crank up the duration). Some stock body/nozzle truck can get to 600rwhp with a S467 turbo. Its harder on injectors that way.

Staying with the smarty, you only choice is larger nozzles.

Around 600rwhp, you need a larger CP. Stroker CP work better than oversized CP's. I want to run dual cummin's CP. Heard that there have been a few issues running the duramax CP on the 4th gen's. The duramax CP is really pressure sensitive and will cause issues if not set-up correctly.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I would get larger nozzles and a bigger turbo, unless you buy mcc (and crank up the duration). Some stock body/nozzle truck can get to 600rwhp with a S467 turbo. Its harder on injectors that way.

Staying with the smarty, you only choice is larger nozzles.

Around 600rwhp, you need a larger CP. Stroker CP work better than oversized CP's. I want to run dual cummin's CP. Heard that there have been a few issues running the duramax CP on the 4th gen's. The duramax CP is really pressure sensitive and will cause issues if not set-up correctly.

thanks mike. being that im pretty much stuck with the smarty, this is what i was hoping to hear. any suggestions on what brand nozzles and what size/hp rating? i plan on keeping stock turbo...at least for now.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:57 PM
The Guru

Lots of guys run 50-100HP size nozzles. Probably going to be fairly hot with a stock turbo. You could get by just running a lower number smarty tune. I would at least run some water methanol spray.

Only truck that I've done were industrial, and I thought that were pretty small. I have a set of flux 4.5's(250HP) from F1 and just bought a spare set of injectors. This fall I'm going to send to off to exergy and get the bodies/nozzles balanced up. I'm not sure what size of turbo I want to run right now, I already own a S476/0.90 T-4, but might be laggy.

I have a dual CP kits coming from Anarchy (I'm going to run dual 4th gen 6.7 CP's) and they are the only outfit that makes the kit. Heard way to many issues with the industrial kit to even try it.

I also have a built billet 68RFE getting down up and need to buy a converter.

I already have my spare engine built-up (rods/marine pistons/cam/head/harmonic balancer)