4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Just installed H&S BLMX and Deletes

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed H&S BLMX and Deletes

I just finished doing deletes and installing blmx. I went with a turbo back exhaust but i reduce it to fit on stock muffler to keep it looking as stock as possible. I didnt do egr yet but prob will do soon. I was getting terrible mpg with my new tires and rims like 11.4. Since the new setup im avg 16.8 to 17.4 which is great for me. I do alot of stop and go driving all day so its not going to get much better. Highway i got 20 mpg. The blmx is awesome and i enjoy the pwr it produces. Im finally happy i got ride of my 5.9. I was second guessing myself for a while though lol.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:45 AM

So you just unplugged the egr?

Are you running with any added HP?

Is the unit plugged in al the time? How did you mount it?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:19 PM

I will be ordering a new truck the week after X-mas and want all the info I can get on what you did please BLMX???
Old 12-17-2010, 03:27 PM

He installed the Black Maxx race tuner from H&S Performance. It allows you to run with the DPF and NOX filters removed and will turn off your EGR until you can remove the EGR and cooler.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby
He installed the Black Maxx race tuner from H&S Performance. It allows you to run with the DPF and NOX filters removed and will turn off your EGR until you can remove the EGR and cooler.
Exactly, I did not leave it pluged in though. I installed tune and added power level i wanted and unpluged it. I dont care to moniter gauges. Im not running big power in my truck right now so i didnt care to mount it. works great though. This is the first H&S product ive used, ive always used smarty untill now. I may end up going to smarty when its available for my 2011. I have no complaints though. No codes and my rig runs great. Oh my tuner i used is the black max for those who asked. i have it set on wild. Im not beating it though because i know ill cook the tranny if i flat foot it all the time.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:46 PM

What kind of HP does it give ya?? And you picked up 5.5 to 6 MPG!!! NICE..
Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by redlineguy
What kind of HP does it give ya?? And you picked up 5.5 to 6 MPG!!! NICE..
Well i cant swear to a number but i got to believe im 400+ at the wheel now with a alot more trq. Ive had a few 5.9s turned way up one 650rwhp and 1 550rwhp and my 2011 feels real good.Pulls plenty hard down low and mid range. Im very happy with preformence. This is diffently the nicest truck ive owned by far. The new body and cab is finally competing with the full tilt fords. Which i alway said i bought a cummins and it come with a dodge. Now i think the other
Old 12-17-2010, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I officially hate my H/S. I get a little bit extra power on level 1 but 2 and 3. Feels like nothing more.

Seriously this lake of power is starting to get on my nerves.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:17 AM
The Guru

Originally Posted by RAMRODD
I officially hate my H/S. I get a little bit extra power on level 1 but 2 and 3. Feels like nothing more.

Seriously this lake of power is starting to get on my nerves.
Welcome to a stock truck world, I thought the same thing when I got my black maxx. I dynoed my truck and I got 400rwhp and 800ft*lbs on kill. The stock turbo isn't very big and the injectors nozzles are designed for no fuel. Works well in stock mode pulling my RV. If you want more power, you'll have to get a G56 transmission, as the RFE68 will not take the abuse.

You can leave the sensors plugged in or unplug them, its doesn't matter. I still have removed the air horn or the exhaust manifold. Its only my to do list though.

The 4th gen truck is a heavy truck, I weighed mine, mine is around 7800-8000lbs with me in it. My 2nd gen is 6800lbs, with alot more power.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:17 PM
RSD
Muted User

I have the Mini and a few other associated goodies. My mileage went from a horrible 10.8 to 14.6. I have not really had a chance to take it on a nice long highway trip yet and I expect the mileage to improve.

As far as the power, the truck has plently of pep stock. I usually run on the no power setting or mild.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 PM

I've been wondering why all the hot rodders say the 68RE won't take the abuse. It seems to be close to the Allison and the new Ford 6 speed (not the pre 2011 5 speed) before they start having problems (although their problems are different). We use our trucks for work so they are pretty much stock, and the 68RE has performed flawlessly. Not disagreeing with anyone, just need to be educated. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Welcome to a stock truck world, I thought the same thing when I got my black maxx. I dynoed my truck and I got 400rwhp and 800ft*lbs on kill. The stock turbo isn't very big and the injectors nozzles are designed for no fuel. Works well in stock mode pulling my RV. If you want more power, you'll have to get a G56 transmission, as the RFE68 will not take the abuse.

You can leave the sensors plugged in or unplug them, its doesn't matter. I still have removed the air horn or the exhaust manifold. Its only my to do list though.

The 4th gen truck is a heavy truck, I weighed mine, mine is around 7800-8000lbs with me in it. My 2nd gen is 6800lbs, with alot more power.
I don't know if my truck would dyno as strong as yours or not. I went with the auto this time because the factory clutch in front of the G56 is junk. That was a absolute guarante failure for me. And I broke a G56 before so I figure i would see how the auto would hold up. So far so good with 12K biggest load I have scaled is 42K.

You would think the smarty would be out by now..
Old 12-22-2010, 07:15 AM
The Guru

I'm not saying that the RFE68 is a bad transmission. I like it better than the RE48 transmission. You probably could get away driving around on mild setting. Dodge will be coming out in a few years with a new transmission, so I doubt that the aftermarket will full of billet parts for that design of transmission. The H&S trans tune will help to add some extra transmission life.

The first gear and sixth gear for the RFE68 is way better as for the drive ratios than the RE48.

I doubt that the smarty will come out until next mid year, if it does.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:17 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I will be testing the durability of the RFE68 over the next couple of weeks. I have personally never heard of anyone cooking the trans unless they were doing tractor pulls with billet converters and stock trans. I will let everyone know when the tq converter slips/fails. Then I am installing a billet converter and seeing how long the trans holds up. I personally believe it will hold up unless one performs major mods. Such as Head Studs, larger turbine, injectors, etc...

Any thoughts?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:10 PM
The Guru

A good aftermarket RFE68 transmission will cost you $8-10k I would bet almost anymore power than what the BLMX tuner has, the stock transmission will be destroyed in no time. Of course you are more than welcome to try.

Quick Reply: Just installed H&S BLMX and Deletes