4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Finally..... 4th gen BWB products!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally..... 4th gen BWB products!!

........ almost.......... pictures by Thanksgiving!

Anyway, I have a 2011 scheduled to be in the shop all next week for me to mock up some bumpers for you guys. Here's what I've decided to go with for now:

-A design somewhere between our standard and deluxe base, closer to the deluxe. (The price will be between standard and deluxe cost too).

-As close to the front of the truck as possible, while still able to squeeze in a 12,500 lb winch

-the same "options" as for the previous year model trucks - the usual lights, winch mount, shackle mounts, receiver hitch, etc

-here's where I have to compromise for now.... I don't have enough hours in a day and days in a week next week to make jigs for all the grille guards. For now, the options will be: no guard, bull bar, pre-runner. If I happen to have time, I'll work on some sort of full, upright guard, but I kind of doubt I'll be able to.

The same applies to rear bumpers. Something between standard and deluxe.

The main reason for this thread (besides pictures later) is for some last minute input from y'all. Members of this forum make up the largest single group of my customers, so your input is important to me. So NOW IS THE TIME to voice your opinion!! In a few more months, I'll get another 4th gen in the shop for more jigs, so I'll have the opportunity to add to the options and grille guards, but it's high time to get a line of products out.

Let me know what you think
Thanks, Evan

Old 11-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
YOU TEASE!

Been waiting to see these. Thinking hard about a stealth replacement and winch. Rear too. Painted to match the lower two tone on my truck.

Only thing I would want would be to retain the factory fogs in the front and the backup sensors in the rear.

And some mount points for shackles (clevis)
Old 11-08-2011, 04:47 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Finally... My son is now definitely in the market for one for his 2011 VERY SOON. He had not had time while in town to locate one and get it installed. He did however hit a deer at hiway speed about a month ago. Damaged his factory bumper, condenser and bent his inter cooler along with smashing his grill. Shuda, couda, woulda.
AND a city bus hit a deer this morning in the city.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I 2nd Blake's request for factory fog light retention in the front and the back-up sensors are a must for the rear.

Back-up sensors are pretty easy since its just a small hole that the Sensor's clip into. Its a good thing the back-up camera is in the Tail Gate.

Evan,
Based on your current work, I'm in no matter what. I just want a big strong bumper that I can bump gates with and maybe the occasional place to put a beer/deer.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto for factory fog.
Bumper as close to truck as possible. A crew long bed is already long!! I need an bull bar to attach my extra Hella fogs and driving lights. I have 10 miles of dirt roads to get back to my house.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yes, I should've mentioned that. Cutouts for stock fog lights will be an option. I haven't looked yet to see whether it has to just be a hole, or if I can make some sort of sleeve or bucket. Backup sensors will also be an option. Are they on every 4th gen or just certain packages?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Backwoods Bumpers
Yes, I should've mentioned that. Cutouts for stock fog lights will be an option. I haven't looked yet to see whether it has to just be a hole, or if I can make some sort of sleeve or bucket. Backup sensors will also be an option. Are they on every 4th gen or just certain packages?
back up sensors are an option on the truck so could be an option for you. bout time you got off your tail and gittin r dun!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cbrahs
bout time you got off your tail and gittin r dun!
Tell me about it!! I haven't had a break in the action long enough to get anything else done. I haven't even been able to clean up after each project. You should see the shape my shop is in... Looks like a tornado came through, tore everything off the shelves and walls, scattered it on the floor, and a dumptruck came and dropped a load of grinding dust then another tornado came through and spread it all out
Old 11-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Chapter President

^^^ I am with ya. Mine is in the same shape. Its getting better over the last few days but I need a bigger shop BADDDDDDDDD

looking into a steel building and the fiance has the land to place it on too. 20x40 with a 10' door and a 36" door and fully insulated for less than $8k! need the price of the slab and invite a bunch of buddies to come over and assemble it. problem with getting a bigger shop is that gives you more space to buy more tools etc and make a bigger mess! LOL
Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 PM

^^^ I am with ya. Mine is in the same shape. Its getting better over the last few days but I need a bigger shop BADDDDDDDDD

looking into a steel building and the fiance has the land to place it on too. 20x40 with a 10' door and a 36" door and fully insulated for less than $8k! need the price of the slab and invite a bunch of buddies to come over and assemble it. problem with getting a bigger shop is that gives you more space to buy more tools etc and make a bigger mess! LOL
If you ever need help with that let me know! I can help you git er dun
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by megacab2500
If you ever need help with that let me know! I can help you git er dun
thanks J. will be making a weekend of it. probably be fun and will BBQ and lots of food and fun! LOL
Old 11-09-2011, 10:44 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What I would recommend is that if someone orders a bumper and wants the Back-up sensors, they send you the sensors out of the bumper and you can just clip them in.

Or

We could just drill the appropriate size hole and clip them in ourselves. The wiring harness under my truck does not give alot of room for play so drilling the holes in the appropriate location are going to be key. Plus, your bumpers are thicker than stock therefore some countersyncing might be necessary.

Anyway, not all the trucks have them so it will be based on the buyer.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 AM

thanks J. will be making a weekend of it. probably be fun and will BBQ and lots of food and fun! LOL
Sounds good. Just let me know. I will be there
Old 11-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by New2Diesel
Plus, your bumpers are thicker than stock therefore some countersyncing might be necessary.

Anyway, not all the trucks have them so it will be based on the buyer.
Haha, yes they are a pain in the *** because of this. They are made to clip in to the thin steel of the stock bumpers. Looks like they will be a standard option, with a small discount for those who don't need them.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
You should see the shape my shop is in... Looks like a tornado came through, tore everything off the shelves and walls, scattered it on the floor, and a dumptruck came and dropped a load of grinding dust then another tornado came through and spread it all out
This brings up a good question...and not to Hi-jack the thread but what does everyone use to clean their shops? My tool of choice is a Stihl gas powered leaf blower, I open the doors at both ends and which ever way the wind is blowing I go with the wind.

Quick Reply: Finally..... 4th gen BWB products!!