4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right! (4th Gen Section) UPDATED 6-6-11

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ramafication
I'll either get mileage or I'm giving back to the bank. I'm really tried of this crap....
What mileage are you getting?
Old 03-18-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stargeezer
What mileage are you getting?
I have gotten as low as 9mpg hwy with a headwind and as hi as 16 coming down a mountain. Man, that right there is a reason to spend 50K on a truck........
Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 PM

WOW! Sorry man, I just can't wait to get that mileage. The fuurd I'm driving right now cost $67k and gives me a high of 11 and a low of 4.5mpg. In fact we just finished a 6000 mile trip (2200 miles towing) where we used 565 gallons. My ram has to be better than this piece of unspeakable scrap metal.

I don't drive hard, no jackrabbit starts, tow at 60-65mph, no drag races or anything. It's like I'm driveing with the brakes on (I'm not). This thing will not give me any mileage.

I can't wait to get my Ram! I have great expectations.

Last edited by Stargeezer; 03-18-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-18-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stargeezer
WOW! Sorry man, I just can't wait to get that mileage. The fuurd I'm driving right now cost $67k and gives me a high of 11 and a low of 4.5mpg. In fact we just finished a 6000 mile trip (2200 miles towing) where we used 565 gallons. My ram has to be better than this piece of unspeakable scrap metal.

I don't drive hard, no jackrabbit starts, tow at 60-65mph, no drag races or anything. It's like I'm driveing with the brakes on (I'm not). This thing will not give me any mileage.

I can't wait to get my Ram! I have great expectations.
NONE of that was towing. No more than I tow I should haave bought a gas chebbie but I didn't. Expectations? That funny.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so just to be clear, will an exhaust from an 04.5+ 5.9 exhaust fit the 2010-2011? it says it earlier in the thread, but it also says it was written for the 3rd gens.. i called mads about the smarty for the 2011 and they said it should be released in a few weeks so it would be handy to have the exhaust and block offs ready when it gets here..
Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned

Performance wise, very little is gained in the Hp/Torque side of things. It does clean up the engine bay dramatically and make working under the hood a lot easier.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Blueberries
Performance wise, very little is gained in the Hp/Torque side of things. It does clean up the engine bay dramatically and make working under the hood a lot easier.

it seemed to make a big difference in the one i did even on the 1st setting of the smarty.. it had no trouble blowing the doors off a chipped 6.4 ford untill the speed limiter kicked in
Old 05-03-2011, 07:45 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Originally Posted by kujo
it seemed to make a big difference in the one i did even on the 1st setting of the smarty.. it had no trouble blowing the doors off a chipped 6.4 ford untill the speed limiter kicked in
blueberries is a spammer. The links he puts there in the reply are disguised to look like his sig line. But they are not.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
blueberries is a spammer. The links he puts there in the reply are disguised to look like his sig line. But they are not.
Blueberries shall spam no more......
Old 05-03-2011, 07:52 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Blueberries shall spam no more......
Nice quick work - Thanks!
Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Ok Yall. Ive updated this thread to be 4th gen specific. Sorry it took so long. Been busy with so many things.

If anyone sees any mistakes, please bring it to my attention, Im only human, and *gasp* even I fudge it up once in a while...

I would like to give a HUGE thanks to New2Diesel for a bunch of great pics that helped in bring this revision together

Thanks Bud!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:05 PM

Talking Thanks

Thank you Blake for all the hard work you do here. I know from experience how time consuming it is. And thanks to those who contributed pics and info to help Blake get this guide updated

Cheers,
S
Old 06-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Thanks Bud!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:21 PM

How did you get the downpipe/cat out without cutting it? I tried for hours, even tried jacking up parts of the fram and still couldn't get it to budge.
That was my biggest worry when I have to put all this junk back on in 4 years...maybe
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by kevellis32
How did you get the downpipe/cat out without cutting it? I tried for hours, even tried jacking up parts of the fram and still couldn't get it to budge.
That was my biggest worry when I have to put all this junk back on in 4 years...maybe
Easiest way. Support the tranny with a sturdy jack. Undo the bolts holding the tranny to the crossmember. Remove the two bolts securing the crossmember to the frame on the passenger side. Remove the inboard bolt securing the crossmember to the frame on the driver side. Loosen the remaining (4th) bolt on the crossmember. With a little beating, prying and persuasion it will swing down and allow you to remove the down pipe.

Quick Reply: Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right! (4th Gen Section) UPDATED 6-6-11