4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right! (4th Gen Section) UPDATED 6-6-11

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my smarty me and I have read change catcher program. What is this?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:59 PM

Not much help!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm not much help, but you may want to just start a new thread to get a little more exposure for your question.

In the mean time, have you thoroughly read the instructions provided for your Smarty or researched Smarty's website to see if they have the answer?

If I remember correctly "catcher" stands for Clutch And Traction Challenger...not really sure what it means, but I believe it has something to do with throttle response and possibly the SW settings. It is probably all on your Smarty, but my recommendation to you would be to get out the manual and thoroughly research everything your tuner can do. Check out MADS website for further info, and lastly search on this forum (TONS of info on here). I believe, just like the H&S tuners, the higher the level, the higher your chances are of possibly breaking something due to the increased HP and torque.

Be safe and have fun playing with your Smarty...or your truck rather.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:23 PM

I pluged it in and nothing unknown software! I was all set to start. I had my air tools out everything set up. Wife left me alone. I thought I better try the programmer first. Then the day was lost. I could not get it to work.
This week plan B.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 AM

9000 miles fully deleted on my 2012 2500, from 1000 miles on odometer.first 1000 miles avg 11.68mpg. since then a worst of 15mpg and a best of 19.5. all hand calculated.
h&s minimax, 4" turbo back exhaust.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 AM

I sent my smarty back to get reprogramed. I can not do anything like that. Thank God for Rollin Smoke Diesel. Jimmy talked to me Saturday and Sunday and wanted to help me di it.
I would not put him through that so I sent it to him to fix it.
I can not wait. Reading about trucks the go from 12 to 15 makes it worth it.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:02 PM

All the deletes are complete. I needed a head gasket done and warranty won't cover because of Mods. What should the shop time be for re/re a head? I purchased the aftermarket studs and did the egr cooler delete now as well as the throttle body. Hoping now the air filter will stay cleaner or that is the next thing that gets changed out.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 AM

first of abig thank-you to blake and helpers for the write up.
so after reading all 15 pages, i have a couple of questions.
on picture #13 you talk about just going with an aftermarket intake, what did you use, is there a "best" one to use?
i live in the cold 8 months of the year, would this involve removing the grid heater when you put on an aftermarket intake? should i be removing the grid heater given that i live/work in northern alberta/bc? any other pipes or tubes i should be looking at changing when going with a aftermarket intake? if i do remove the grid heater is it simply remove and tape off wires or is there a delete for this as well?
thanks for your time
Old 04-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by rigstar
on picture #13 you talk about just going with an aftermarket intake, what did you use, is there a "best" one to use?
i live in the cold 8 months of the year, would this involve removing the grid heater when you put on an aftermarket intake? should i be removing the grid heater given that i live/work in northern alberta/bc? any other pipes or tubes i should be looking at changing when going with a aftermarket intake? if i do remove the grid heater is it simply remove and tape off wires or is there a delete for this as well?
thanks for your time
Keep your grid heater you'll need it, we went with a H&S intake and boost tube from the outlet of the intercooler doing this means you don't need to buy the EGR valve delete kit just the EGR cooler delete kit. Removing the original intake is a good opportunity to see how dirty the intake is and also check the boost pressure/temp sensor located in that same intake.

Don't forget to reroute the crankcase vent tube from the inlet of the turbo to down by the frame. I just used 4 foot of 3/4 heater hose and a 1 inch plastic plug with original clamp to plug the hole.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:40 PM

thank-you busboy for the info
Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Question Help

I need some major help I have an 08 dodge 3500 6.7 I orderd a smarty jr. ME and a dpf delete pipes and a full egr delete I am confused on how to do the egr delete
I talked to someone and they said I need to leave something pugged in and just tie it out of the way so I don't throw any codes with the egr delete using a smarty jr
Please any help!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:20 AM

On my 2011 I left the egr plugged in. The smarty took care of everyhing! The only thing I deleted under the hood was the throttle body. I know nothing about a 2008. Can you call the person you purchased it through? James at Rollinsmokediesel called me on the weekend to help me with my issiues.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Julrici
I need some major help I have an 08 dodge 3500 6.7 I orderd a smarty jr. ME and a dpf delete pipes and a full egr delete I am confused on how to do the egr delete
I talked to someone and they said I need to leave something pugged in and just tie it out of the way so I don't throw any codes with the egr delete using a smarty jr
Please any help!
the little brown servo motor above throttle valve needs to stay plugged in. the one in the pictures that you take the spring and plunger out of, with 4 philips screws on the end
Old 06-02-2013, 10:04 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by rigstar
thanks for your time

GDP makes a delete kit for the doge 6.7 (air boss-67) and then they make a good intake manifold (mega flo S-2) and a flange (Mega flo throttle valve grid heater) and it gives you your grid heater back by moving it and giving more air flow. I am in Alberta too and this is the set I am going to be using so let you know what it is like in a week or so when all my parts so up.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:32 AM

I installed it and it was easy. The black color needs to be silver so it blends in. I can not get over the power and how the oil stays clean not!

Quick Reply: Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right! (4th Gen Section) UPDATED 6-6-11