4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2010 Intake??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Intake??

Anyone found something that fits the 2010's for sure??

Not really even sure if I should change it, but....

Chris
Old 01-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Anything that fit a 3rd gen 6.7 should work.

Any info on whether or not the H&S or Smarty kills the MIL that comes up with a CAI
Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 PM

I would not change your intake until you get a programmer.

If you get a CAI that works (Airaid) they will cause a CEL for too much air flow. The 2010+ are very tempermental and have sensors everywhere.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by icso9131
I would not change your intake until you get a programmer.
Chris is lucky enough to be BETA testing the 4th Gen Smarty....

Old 01-14-2011, 01:00 PM

Their are only a few intakes that will tecnically bolt in to a 2010+ truck without as least some modification. The S&B's require some plastic mods and also can cause issues with the alternator plug from it rubbing on the side of the intake. It is an expensive repair at the dealer. A few of the aFE's will fit with a a bracket change.

Most of them will throw codes if not running H&S software.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:04 PM

I did the simple fix. I used a direct drop in AFE dry flow filter (oil-free and cleans in water) and a DPP cool hose.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Anything that fit a 3rd gen 6.7 should work.

Any info on whether or not the H&S or Smarty kills the MIL that comes up with a CAI
Not sure about the smarty...I could unplug some sensors and see??

For some reason I have a check engine light now, going to investigate this afternoon...still runs perfect!

Maybe I should just leave the intake alone for now...I just want a bit more whistle

Chris
Old 01-15-2011, 08:57 AM
The Guru

Chris, you have to unplug the throttle butterfly valve. The new air horn has to have a provision for the map sensor. I have a new air horn in my garage, just waiting to find the correct time to replace it. I'm assuming you are going to install plates on the exhaust manifold as well. I'm going to use an old 2nd gen ATS exhaust manifold that I have laying around. I really don't like idea of plates. I got mine from Passenger, just have to get some additional dyno runs to get a comparision of the stocker to the new air horn.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ad.php?t=89680

I'll get around to taking some pictures and show you what it looks like. Its a pretty nice pic. You going with a CAI system or going to run the stock unit?
Old 01-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Did not know a programmer was involved.

I believe you have to run the ME verision of the programming in turn will require you to do some DPF and EGR work, but in the end you should not have any CELs.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:06 AM

I have the Banks on my 2010 and it fits perfect....was made for the 2010, has all the fittings for the sencers to remount on the new intake.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by RMJBLUE22
I have the Banks on my 2010 and it fits perfect....was made for the 2010, has all the fittings for the sencers to remount on the new intake.
You running a programmer?

Any codes with the CAI?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you added anything other than the Banks intake? I am looking at that for mine. Do you have the scoop that pulls the air from under the bumper?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:07 AM

banks is the only company that has the intake for 2010. 2009s wont work because of rubbing issues with ac lines. they dont make **** else for our trucks yet which is really annoying. im doing a dpf delete which is suppossed to increase hps and mpgs.cant wait anymore for programmer, going nuts, want more power and am being denied
Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 AM

oh, one more thing. no scoop for our trucks either. banks said they were having issues with lines in the way and sediment getting in. ive had an intercooler from an 09 sitting in my room for the past year because they sold me the wrong one and havent sent a 2010 yet because it still isnt done after me being told for the past 8 months "yeah no problem, it will be ready by the end of the month"
Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Chris, you have to unplug the throttle butterfly valve. The new air horn has to have a provision for the map sensor. I have a new air horn in my garage, just waiting to find the correct time to replace it. I'm assuming you are going to install plates on the exhaust manifold as well. I'm going to use an old 2nd gen ATS exhaust manifold that I have laying around. I really don't like idea of plates. I got mine from Passenger, just have to get some additional dyno runs to get a comparision of the stocker to the new air horn.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ad.php?t=89680

I'll get around to taking some pictures and show you what it looks like. Its a pretty nice pic. You going with a CAI system or going to run the stock unit?

TV is unplugged, as is the EGR Valve on the intake, and whatever is on the exhaust manifold.

Eventually, when I get closer to out of warranty, I'll rip everything off, and change out the intake plate, air horn, grids, etc, etc. For now, all that is staying on.

As for the EGR, the cooler is staying until it starts leaking...me and my Cummins dealer think that deleting them completely may be contributing to blown headgaskets...so for now, it stays.

I was looking for CAI's, but looks like for now, stock it is. Just looking for a bit more whistle, so it looks like I'll be pulling the compressor housing and taking out the silencer ring device that is made in them now.

Chris

Oh, and my code was P0137...O2 Sensor code...cleared it, and went for a 150 mile drive, no more codes yet. ????

Quick Reply: 2010 Intake??