4th Gen Engine and Drivetrain-2010 and Up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

I found this device on near my EGR valve?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found this device on near my EGR valve?

I just picked up my new truck today and I about to unplug my egr valve and see what happens. I found that I have an extra sensor by the egr valve on the line going from the exhaust cooler/soot cross line to the egr valve. To me it looks like a pressure sensor. Any body else seen this or know what it is?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM

not sure what it is but it has been noticed by several people. Care to be the guinea pig and be the first to experiment to see what happens when unplugged?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 PM
The Guru

I'm going to wait till smarty or H&S cracks the 2010 ECM, so do a code clean-up. The truck drives pretty nicely, has a softer suspension than my 02 and even had decent power for a stock truck (still not as fast as the 02). The 2010 is one nice truck, every where I go, everyone asks what is it and gives the thumps up. Definately a looker of a truck. I'm pretty happy with it right now, I traded off my 07 300 srt for it. Up north here, there isn't to many days you can drive a sports sedan and I got tired of wasting money on the car.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I just picked up my new truck today and I about to unplug my egr valve and see what happens. I found that I have an extra sensor by the egr valve on the line going from the exhaust cooler/soot cross line to the egr valve. To me it looks like a pressure sensor. Any body else seen this or know what it is?

Looks like they are on to the unplug the egr trick