3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Are you kidding me

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a really big ticket taking care of a day or two rental is part of doing business.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer gives me a vechicle to drive when either of our trucks are in for anything. I did not even know it was an extended warranty luxury. Maybe thats why, every chance I get I tell people to buy from "Dodge City" of Milwaukee! I've always got a fantastic price and great sevice.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:18 PM

When I had the fleet leased Dmaxes (3) from 600 miles away all the warranty jobs resulted in the local GM dealer giving me a rental TRUCK when mine was in getting things fixed....(May be 20 days in total of average 2 days at a time or a weekend. Service was excellent and never any grief.
When I had my business partners f-350 the tranny went out 2000 miles from where he bought it. The local Ford tranny tech, and he was a good one, took me for a drive in the truck 50 feet. He backed it away from the service door and put it in drive...turned it off and had it pushed into the shop. It was in there 2 weeks...The service manager had a 4 door extended cab rental F-150 delivered from the rental place in 15 minutes. They took my trailer ball off my truck and put it on the rental....For my ATV trailer. The tranny tech showed me everything they replaced in the tranny and said it would probably last for another 10k miles (it lasted 20k miles). The tranny was rebuilt in a week but they had no fluid in for another week...just fluid missing and a weeks free rental.
My Dodge dealer wouldn't lend me a truck or even drive me to my house....but they would call a cab. If I went in for service they would always find lots of things that needed to be done...out of warranty. And this dealership is noted to be the best in the area and from experience sadly this is true. The minute warranty was off I went to my local service station.

When I take my truck in for an oil change (I change my own oil on the forklifts, tractors, and ATV's but take it to the service station so I can get a great deal on tires and support the local business in the middle of nowhere plus they have a great restaurant with friendly staff . If my truck is in for more, buddy lends me his personal '01 Cummins to do my running around.
In general Dodge service is not friendly and personal like the others. I think the other companies have a better service manager training system and try to relate the service department to the future sales. You can tell when you find a good Dodge dealer as there are more service bays than sales offices....obviously a good service reputation. ks
Old 03-17-2006, 06:25 PM

I've worked several manufactures.All about the same except product.You'd be surprised at how similiar they are.If one dealer owner owns several product lines it gets even more similiar.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:22 AM

if my truck goes in for warranty, i had better get the same truck in return. trust me, i will make their lives a living hell if it doesnt