3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Why Can't Dodge Build A Nice Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told that the interior controals of the Dodge are designed to be operated while wearing leather WORK gloves. If you get a little mud in the truck it won't die. Plain and simple, easy to live with for a long time.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4
I was told that the interior controals of the Dodge are designed to be operated while wearing leather WORK gloves. If you get a little mud in the truck it won't die. Plain and simple, easy to live with for a long time.
I like that, sounds good to me.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:12 PM

I owned 3 chevys before my dodge(01 5.3, 04 6.6, & 04 8.1) Not one problem under the hood with any of those trucks but I had interior electronic problems in each one. I do like that aspect of the dodge, less electronics=less problems, IMO
Old 01-31-2007, 10:34 AM

IMO truck interiors need to combine the simple utilitarian aspects and design with certain modern comforts.

Some of the light duty trucks are getting way to bling for me. The original attraction of trucks to people that need them AND people that don't is the plain, simple, and rugged personality.

A comfortable, well laid out, and well screwed together interior should be standard in ANY vehicle these days. I'm happy with the way my Dodge feels but I am suspect of future squeaks and rattles.

I often think..."For edited by admin Cummins builds the motor, all they have to focus on is the chassis and interior"!

I don't even mind that the interior looks somewhat "cheap".

If it stayed rattle free for more than 10 or 15K I would be more than happy.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:56 AM

You can say that again... When Dodge redesigned their trucks a few years back I laughed out loud when I saw the "purse hook". Dodge has added a few niceties in their Laramie and even SLT packages, but I am just waiting for the heated seats and the other jazz to go bad after a while. Technology is constantly changing, and after 6-8 years all of the options on a truck will be outdated - but hopefully the truck is still has some years left on it.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 PM

The interior of the 06 dodges almost kept me from buying a new one...all I really wanted was a 4x4 CTD 6spd QC short bed but every one I could find had tons of uglyness in the interior department (fake wood, chrome, fuzzy seats, BIG HORN package)....I mean edited by admin...I thought these where work trucks not caddy's. ANYWAY as stated before.....
MORE ELECTRONICS = MORE PROBLEMS...I love the ST packages!!!

Last edited by Totallyrad; 02-07-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: improper language
Old 02-01-2007, 11:22 AM

i think the truck interiors on the 06 are nice...I just wish they had a dark charcoal gray interior or a black.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Well the way an interior LOOKS can be debated at nausium regardless of vehicle.

I happen to look the way the '06 interior looks OVERALL. However I think the dash plastic is cheap and I don't care for the fake wood in my Laramie.

The main thing should be on the QUALITY which in my opinion is how well it's screwed together and holds up against normal wear and tear as well as squeaks and rattles.

I tend to gravitate towards the more utilitarian types of interiors both in terms of looks and features. However I prefer leather seats and some other "modern" options. I think it's easy to appeal to various tastes as far as options go since you can either order them or not.

But I don't think ANYBODY prefers low quality interiors....
Old 02-01-2007, 01:21 PM

I think the interior is the worst of the bunch. The seat material and plastic everywhere. Uncomfortable seats are a big complaint. Also, whats up with the flaps on the side of the seats covering the seat rails? Additionally, I have never seen a truck with a rusty interior...whats up with that?

Adding leather and hoping it continues to look good!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 8mpg
i think the truck interiors on the 06 are nice...I just wish they had a dark charcoal gray interior or a black.
X2 I am waiting till work pics up and then I am going to have the grey everywhere toned down with Black leather seats and custom black mats and I am having some fo the grey on the doors painted black as well. I think the interior is laid out well but the cheap grey plastic everywhere you look is just stupid. Anyway I am not for blingy but I will say that quality plastics is lacking everything you touch is hard. I saw somewhere once on here someone had the dash covered in leather. They kinda had a King Ranch theme going on it was nice without being over the top.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by bucknasty
I think the interior is the worst of the bunch. The seat material and plastic everywhere. Uncomfortable seats are a big complaint. Also, whats up with the flaps on the side of the seats covering the seat rails? Additionally, I have never seen a truck with a rusty interior...whats up with that?

Adding leather and hoping it continues to look good!
I agree but ALL interiors are mostly plastic these days and that will not be changing soon. The difference being in the level and quality of plastics that are chosen. I dont' expect trucks to have a Mercedes dashboard, but they could use some better quality plastics in the high touch and high visibility areas such as the dash top, consoles, side panels etc.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 8mpg
Must just be you and I?

Sure beats the interior of my 2001.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM

I guess I am too easily satisfied? I tlike the 06/07 interior. I think it is the best they have ever made, and I think it is better than the GM's to. And as a GM dealer also, I feel qualified to say that?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I like the build of the seats better in my 06, but I love my Black interior on my 02 Sport, everything is black except the headliner (Tan).
Old 02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
OX1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hovisimo
If you want to get me excited, ask me what I think about the Tundra.

hint: I'm banned from tundrasolutions for life for... telling the truth
Whatta you think of the new tundra???????

BTW, I'm happy with my 05 interior. Ditto on the cruise control lights, but I rarely use cruise anyway.

Quick Reply: Why Can't Dodge Build A Nice Interior?