3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Why Can't Dodge Build A Nice Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Can't Dodge Build A Nice Interior?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...39&idg=1&idi=8

Check-out the new 2007 Toyota Tundra interior. It is a very nice and well-thought out interior. It even has reclining rear seats and REAR SEAT VENTS. A simple but very good option to have.

Don't get me wrong, I own and love my Dodge, but the interior could be better setup.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:21 PM

I think dodge took a step in the right direction with the 06's but still have a ways to go. I rarely have anyone in the backseat in mine and never paid much attention to what's back there until the other day I noticed there are no vents back there, I thought that was kinda crazy
Old 01-28-2007, 11:26 PM
DBM

Companies like Toyota try to lure customers in with nice interiors and an overwhelming list of options. I think you have heard about Toyota’s major recall, they recalled 533,000 trucks with one problem and plans to deactivate front-seat passenger air bag cut-off switches in about 160000 Tundra trucks from model years 2003-2005. That’s 693,000 recalls need I say more.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by pet05

Check-out the new 2007 Toyota Tundra interior. It is a very nice and well-thought out interior. It even has reclining rear seats and REAR SEAT VENTS. A simple but very good option to have.

Don't get me wrong, I own and love my Dodge, but the interior could be better setup.
It looks like a nice luxury car interior. If I didnt know it was a truck I'd say nice LexusSUV or whatever. It just doesnt scream TRUCK at you on the first glance. What's with that center console crap you can't even get three people up front? Looks like you'd have to wear gloves to touch anything. I had a Ford/Lariat that had a similar look with the same stupid center console. If you like luxury go buy a luxury car. The utilitarian aspect of my Dodge was a big appeal to me. Keep it simple and functional. Don't get me wrong either. I like a few creature comforts and goodies but I still want my truck to LOOK like a truck inside and out.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:50 PM

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...39&idg=1&idi=9

Take a look at the back seat. It has slightly more room then the Dodge Quad Cab but it has reclining seats and rear vents. Those 2 options make a HUGE difference in rear seat passenger comfort. It is NOT hard to do and not that expensive. That is the part I don't understand about Dodge and other American companies....
Old 01-29-2007, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by 3500lly
I think dodge took a step in the right direction with the 06's but still have a ways to go. I rarely have anyone in the backseat in mine and never paid much attention to what's back there
yeah same here. I just realized a few weeks ago that I dont have floor mats in the back. Also while that tundra interior looks very very nice, to me a truck doesnt need such extensive interior detailing. Thats what sports cars are for
Old 01-29-2007, 12:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My mega has reclining seat's and vents in back!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:55 AM

Thumbs down

Cars alway`s have nice interiors....
Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 AM

I have an answer, price. I have not seen the price of this new Tundra but I saw Taco's going for 32G with cloth interior. I guess these trucks will be like 40G, way too much for a .5 ton.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO, 2003 was the year dodge put out a really good looking interior. I still can't get over the leopard print, baby poop color, wood grain accents that don't go at all with the light grey interior. What happened to the bushed metal look???? That would've been 200 times better.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:29 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The answer to this question is simple............MONEY.

They can build a decent interior, but it would make them less competitive as they would have to raise the price to make up for it. The interior package is second only to the motor in manufacturer costs.
I'll take my Dodge with a less than perfect interior next to a plush Powerjoke with questionable engine any day.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:04 AM

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...39&idg=1&idi=9

Take a look at the back seat. It has slightly more room then the Dodge Quad Cab but it has reclining seats and rear vents. Those 2 options make a HUGE difference in rear seat passenger comfort. It is NOT hard to do and not that expensive. That is the part I don't understand about Dodge and other American companies....

Meh - just more crap to clear out of the way for subs.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 AM

Keep a Toyota 20 years and get back to me to see if all that comfort is still operating. More toys=more things to break. I wanted a truck when I bought my Dodge, not some mamby pamby SUV thing.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 AM
tcr

Have you not seen a loaded Mega cab Laramie?? If you want any nicer you need an Escalade
Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM

Looks like a Ford interior. Toyota always does "knockoffs" - look how they copied Mercedes Benz with the Lexus cars.

Quick Reply: Why Can't Dodge Build A Nice Interior?