3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Warning 2006 Dodge Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Sorry to keep bring up an old post, but as you can see, I posted on 5/26/07 stating that I just got my left directional fixed by having the computer module replaced.

I've pulled with it 6 or 7 times, and tonight the running lights don't work . I'm sorry, but this is just wrong! I guess I am going to have to build an inline fuse set-up like others. $50K truck, built for towing, and they can't keep the trailer lights working . . . . how hard can it be?!?!?!?!
Old 06-16-2007, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by FirstDodge
Sorry to keep bring up an old post, but as you can see, I posted on 5/26/07 stating that I just got my left directional fixed by having the computer module replaced.

I've pulled with it 6 or 7 times, and tonight the running lights don't work . I'm sorry, but this is just wrong! I guess I am going to have to build an inline fuse set-up like others. $50K truck, built for towing, and they can't keep the trailer lights working . . . . how hard can it be?!?!?!?!
Hey if you don’t mind can you let us know what the dealership price is on the computer module. My left turn quit working as well along with the left hazard light. Also my radiator fan clutch stopped working as well. Wondering if replacing the computer module will fix both seeing as that elecetric radiator fan clutch is 300+ and a dealer item only still.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by monnshyne
Hey if you don’t mind can you let us know what the dealership price is on the computer module. My left turn quit working as well along with the left hazard light. Also my radiator fan clutch stopped working as well. Wondering if replacing the computer module will fix both seeing as that elecetric radiator fan clutch is 300+ and a dealer item only still.
Dealer told me that the TICM (module) was $500 + labor to install. What you described is exactly what mine was doing (minus the cooling fan) when they had to replace it. Takes them about 2-3 hours. Good luck.

Regarding my post above . . . . running lights not working, I replaced the fuse and they are working . I can't keep track of which trailer lights have fuses and which ones don't. There is a fuse for the parking lamps (20A), but not for the brake/stop lights.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:58 PM

the fuses are on the driver side of the engine compartment behind the battery. I had the same problem hooking up to a cement trailer in a rental yard. The wires on the trailer were pinched in the frame of the trailer. couldn't get the trailer wires to work didn't have much time, had a hot load of concrete in the trailer. found the problem later after I dumped the mud.....
Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 PM

Firstdodge
My local dealer wants 700+ to replace the Ticm. He said he'll have to call Dodge's tech center to order it and that it has to be programed for that trucks vin for it to work on that truck. Now I know the engine computer is like that but is the Ticm like this as well or am I getting a line of BS?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:16 PM

My 03 has the trailer fuse under the hood, a 20amp
Old 06-28-2007, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by monnshyne
Firstdodge
My local dealer wants 700+ to replace the Ticm. He said he'll have to call Dodge's tech center to order it and that it has to be programed for that trucks vin for it to work on that truck. Now I know the engine computer is like that but is the Ticm like this as well or am I getting a line of BS?
I think so . . . . I know my dealer had to call Dodge's tech center as well. At first, the center told the mechanic to try some other tests because they really didn't what to replace the TICM, but it was fried, so they did replace it. $700+ is about right as my dealer told me the part was around $500, and then it took about 2-3 hours for installation. I'm hauling my 35' travel trailer from NC to Maine and back over the next week and a half . . . . just hope the trailer lights keep working
Old 06-30-2007, 05:59 PM

Oh if anyone wants to know the electric clutch fan for the 2005 an 2006 (if it's like mine that is) retail at the dealer was 290 something but I got it off a dealer I go to alot for 192.41.(thats jobber cost) Will be putting it in myself. In tank lift pumps I get for 149, U-joints 77+some change each that I ordered from a local parts house for 21.87 so you can see how they just sit back an rack it in on dealer only items. Sometimes I think they should have a mask and gun. BAAAA

Mark
Old 07-06-2007, 12:42 AM

Battery isolator needed for trailer mounted battery?

2006 Off Road 2500 Diesel with tow pkg. This thread appears to be a good place to ask for wiring advice. My boat trailer has an electric winch. I am mounting a deep cycle battery on the trailer tongue & hope to charge it from the "battery" wire in the 7-pin plug. I am concerned that there is probably no battery isolator between this connection and the truck batteries, so if the trailer battery shorts out, or goes bad, it could drain the truck batteries as well. A friend said he wired his trailer this way & his old GMC is the tow vehicle. All he said he did was mount a battery isolator in the battery box on the trailer. If its a diode isolator, this won't work. Maybe a solenoid one would.
Anyone got the wiring diagram showing the source of the "battery" wire? Any ideas on this?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:22 PM

So, did this problem get fixed for the '07's ?? Or should I start building my fuse box?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM

I just got back from my dealer and Im out of warranty already, My 06 has a bad TIPM module in it, $295 to diagnose it 400 to buy and install it. It was 102 deg. today and I have no air conditioning, to boot there is a nationwide backorder on them and it is not known when I can get one. There are 60 other people nationwide that are ahead of me. I use my truck for work so it will be pretty impressive showing all the chevy and ford guys I have a 06 truck that has no air and dont really know when I will have it. On a side note my buddy has had one on order for his truck for a month now at another dealer and has not heard when it will be in. The trailer lamp thing is going to get someone hurt. Dodge needs to step up and do something.

Im already looking at junkyards looking for spare fuseblocks.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:51 PM

Hey guys check this out I think when I get my new TIPM I will be getting one of these to see if it helps save it. I had my four ways on when everything started going haywire.

http://www.drawtite.com/modulite1.html
Old 07-09-2007, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by wardy70
I just got back from my dealer and Im out of warranty already, My 06 has a bad TIPM module in it, $295 to diagnose it 400 to buy and install it. It was 102 deg. today and I have no air conditioning, to boot there is a nationwide backorder on them and it is not known when I can get one. There are 60 other people nationwide that are ahead of me. I use my truck for work so it will be pretty impressive showing all the chevy and ford guys I have a 06 truck that has no air and dont really know when I will have it. On a side note my buddy has had one on order for his truck for a month now at another dealer and has not heard when it will be in. The trailer lamp thing is going to get someone hurt. Dodge needs to step up and do something.

Im already looking at junkyards looking for spare fuseblocks.

I suggest you report this to the NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation. In fact I suggest everyone who has a problem with the TIPM do the same.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is anyone making/selling a box like the one "anyfx" built?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like I'll be building me a fuse box to protect things.

Quick Reply: Warning 2006 Dodge Wiring