3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Truck Leaks - Under Pedals!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Leaks - Under Pedals!

just noticed that whenever it rains my truck leaks under the pedals. Looks like it is dripping from behind the instrument cluster on the brake & clutch pedal. The is still under warranty, so I'll take it to the dealer.

This is the third leak that this truck has had. The first two were thru the clearance lights. I'm concerned that I will have electric problems down the road because of this.

Anyone else have this sort of leak?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:28 AM

Clearance light leaks YES. The fix for those is to remove each of them and apply some clear rtv right around the hole in the roof. Also put some in the screw holes on the lamps also, no leaks since
I can't help you about the leak around the pedals
Old 10-28-2005, 08:49 AM

I had a little bit of water behind my pedals one time after I washed my truck, never could find where it came from. When we get a big rain I always get water in my passenger side floor board and I think its coming from behind the dash somewhere because I ran my hand up in there and it was wet. I couldn't see up in there to tell where it was coming from.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by peacemaker
I had a little bit of water behind my pedals one time after I washed my truck, never could find where it came from. When we get a big rain I always get water in my passenger side floor board and I think its coming from behind the dash somewhere because I ran my hand up in there and it was wet. I couldn't see up in there to tell where it was coming from.
Mine is going in Monday to the dealer for them to make their fourth attempt at fixing the exact same leak on the passenger side floor you are describing. I last had it in the first week of September and the windshield was supposedly removed and then resealed by a glass installer. I am a little suspicious of this. I could see no signs of squished out sealer anywhere or any other clues that it actually was removed. I had no leaks until this past weekend when we had substantial rain. It rained for four days in a row. Previous to this we had very little and only light rain. I told them to tear the dash out this time if they have to because I don't want it back until it is fixed. I know a guy that has a Gen III that had the same symptoms as our leaks and his dealer removed the dash and found the heater box seal was leaking where it meets the cowl. Oh, did I mention his dealer beat the crap out of his truck when removing the dash. With my luck that will probably be my next post. Speaking of my luck, my truck was hit by a young kid in a tuner type Celica whom could not stay in his lane this past Wednesday. The good news is there is very little damage to my truck. Basically it scratched the left front wheel and put a 10"x12" dent in my rear passenger door. More good news is the nineteen year old's Celica was totalled when he bounced head-on off one guardrail and then another. I say this is good news only because after initially telling me he was looking down doing something when he hit me and admitted being at fault, he decided to change his story and lied to the investigating officer telling him a real whopper. I think since he only has liability insurance he figured he can milk my insurance company. It backfired on him but only because the officer can not determine inconclusively who came out of their lane. There was no witnesses who stopped that saw the actual collision, only ones that saw him spinning after hitting me. I was passing him and two to three vehicles ahead of him. I certainly had no reason to pull in before completing the passing of all of the vehicles. It just sucks as the officer stated to me that even though no one was cited the person that did not cause the wreck (not accident in my opinion but stupidity by young kid playing with his stereo) still has to pay for their own damage, this being me. I know I have insurance but I still have to pay the $500.00 deductable and possibly have my rates increased. The roll-back driver told me when he turned the key on to turn the steering wheel while unloading the Celica he was almost knocked over by the blaring stereo. Only in America!

P.S. Sorry to hack this thread but I just had to vent. Now I feel much better.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jonesey
Mine is going in Monday to the dealer for them to make their fourth attempt at fixing the exact same leak on the passenger side floor you are describing.
Does Dodge fight you and say 'we could repeat your problem here' or do they pretend to try & do something? I'm concerned that I will have electrical problems with the truck down the road because of this.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had mine 4 times for a leak that drips water on the floor on the passenger side, from under the dash. The seemed to have fixed it so that it doesn't leak when it's sitting, but it still does when driving in the rain. I told them that I'd bring it in the next time it's raining, and they agreed to that. They've been good about it although they haven't been able to fix it, as I originally brought it when it had 35k miles on it, and now it has 40k.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Banned

i have that same issue with a leak on the passenger side floor board, and wet under the dash. havent had it to the dealer yet bu wiil soon truck just turned 3,800 miles last night. first problem to date.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jonesey
Mine is going in Monday to the dealer for them to make their fourth attempt at fixing the exact same leak on the passenger side floor you are describing.
The following might come in handy when you bring it back in Jonesey:

OHIO LEMON LAW

QUALIFICATION: 3 unsuccessful repairs of same nonconformity, 30 calendar days out of service, 8 total repairs of any nonconformity, or 1 unsuccessful repair of problem likely to cause death or serious bodily injury within shorter of 1 year or 18,000 miles.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by bamalam
The following might come in handy when you bring it back in Jonesey:

OHIO LEMON LAW

QUALIFICATION: 3 unsuccessful repairs of same nonconformity, 30 calendar days out of service, 8 total repairs of any nonconformity, or 1 unsuccessful repair of problem likely to cause death or serious bodily injury within shorter of 1 year or 18,000 miles.

Been there done that once before. It was settled just before going to arbitration. It is not as easy to do as some are led to believe. I like this truck and just want it fixed. If they can't fix it then I may have to pursue it differently. Thanks for the suggestion though.