3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

ST, SLT, Laramie?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ST, SLT, Laramie?

I'm looking to purchase a 2003-2004 4x4, but I can't find out what the differences between the ST, SLT, or Laramie are.

Was it the 2004.5 that they started adding the extra emissions stuff?

Also, is it my imagination, or have the used 2003s gone up in price from half a year ago?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:55 PM

ST: Usually the lowest interior package, ugly rims, cloth seats, vinyl floors, manual doors, locks, maybe no a/c stuff like that

SLT: medium package, cloth seats, pwr windows, pwr locks etc

Laramie: So called best of the best, fully loaded leather and heated seats etc.

Also I'm not to sure about emissions but if you still have a 5.9L of any year your laughing, don't buy a 6.7L if your worried about emissions and especially don't buy a Ford 6.4L haha although I'm sure you wouldn't do a silly *** thing like that right?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:22 PM

Yup, the above poster is correct. I bought the SLT, and I love it. I am happy with it.
Scott
Old 11-03-2007, 07:06 PM

There seem to be a couple different options for the ST model trucks, mine is a ST and I have cloth, regular carpeted floors and a A/C & a heater. I just don't have power locks/windows or cruise control(yet). Yet i've seen some real basic models and they have the rubber floor going on, I think all of these trucks come w/ A/C right?

If getting a basic model you can gain a couple advantages. Your windows/locks will probley never give you a issue. But if I had the chance again I would atleast get the SLT, it sucks reaching across the cab to unlock a door.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by redpoint5
I'm looking to purchase a 2003-2004 4x4, .................Also, is it my imagination, or have the used 2003s gone up in price from half a year ago?
Its not your imagination..here in the midwest especially, the full size truck market (new and used) all but collapsed with the gas prices of 05/06 and has really just started to recover in the past 6 to 8 months

chuck
Old 11-03-2007, 09:20 PM

My SLT has leather,so I guess they put it in some SLT's
Old 11-03-2007, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by DieselBoy20
ST: Usually the lowest interior package, ugly rims, cloth seats, vinyl floors, manual doors, locks, maybe no a/c stuff like that

SLT: medium package, cloth seats, pwr windows, pwr locks etc

Laramie: So called best of the best, fully loaded leather and heated seats etc.

Also I'm not to sure about emissions but if you still have a 5.9L of any year your laughing, don't buy a 6.7L if your worried about emissions and especially don't buy a Ford 6.4L haha although I'm sure you wouldn't do a silly *** thing like that right?
hey, hey, hey, my ST has vinyl seats, floor, manual tranny....doors...and locks.......

and 600hp to the wheels
Old 11-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well,,,,mine is a SLT Laramie. It did not come with heated seat's, or the best radio package.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Banned

There are/were two Laramie pkgs ... an "H pkg" and "J pkg" ... the "H" having more goodies like the premium stereo, premium overhead (HUT), power pedals and light group (I think), etc ... stuff like that. The heated seats were an option in '04. Here the H pkg cost about $2500 more than the J pkg. This was in '04.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coworkers have had problems with electric windows on different vehicles, Dodges included. If you don't plan on keeping the vehicle it won't matter, but electric doo dads are an area where a maker cuts costs and increases prices as much as possible as they can't do so on basic powertrain components without durability suffering. Durability doesn't matter to most in cars, but it does to some in 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

I almost gave up buying a truck as I couldnt find the ST that I wanted. Carpet in vehicles, but especially trucks is soooooo dumb I can't believe it's even offered, much less desired. I guess it doesn't matter if all that one ever walks on is clean concrete.

Leather is another funny 'luxury' item, as friends with leather need butt warmers in the winter because the seats are so cold, yet another electric doo dad cooking anatomy that is better left alone. In the summer seats are so hot that they often put some sort of cloth on the seats.

The items that I wanted weren't offered, such as a slectable locker, and A/C that only turns on when I turn on the A/C switch, instead of it coming on automatically when I turn on the defrost. I can figure such things out thank, you, please don't wear out the A/C with such stupid tricks.

My ST came with steel wheels but I bought a set of the Dodge alloy wheels when I bought a set of winter tires. The alloy wheels had a slow leak around what looks like the injection sprue.... so much for alloy being 'better'.

Anyway, most people want fancy stuff in their trucks so if you don't plan in keeping it get options as it'll help sell it.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:13 PM

my o6 is an ST and i love it, 6spd, cloth seats, ac, cruise, no power, shiney rims/grill and no fake wood!!!! i only wish it had plastic floors. I think the ac cycling is for safety...wish i could stop it thought
Old 11-04-2007, 07:21 PM

03-05 SLT or Laramie.

06-07 Laramie since the SLT seats suck so bad in the new interior.

I think the SLT option costs about 1000-1200 over an ST new so I don't know why someone would want an ST unless they really don't want all the power stuff.

FWIW, my 07 is the lower model Laramie without heated seats and it has insulation under the cab, auto dimming rear view, the quick lane change blinkers and a few other things my 04 SLT didn't have. But I do plan on installing some seat heaters.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i bought the st model to get the vinyl floors and the black grill!!! i have a/c, cd player,rear sliding window, cruise control and the manual 4x4 shifter-which i prefer!. no power windows, but i do not care. i usually always buy the cheaper model- because i like to build my truck the way i want- meaning- i always change the wheels and rims, add exterior and interior items,etc,etc
Old 11-04-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was very happy to find my used 03 cuz it had everything I wanted and none of the stuff I didn't want - it was like I ordered it myself. It was debadged so I don't know what it is. It has carpet, premium cloth w/40-20-40 seat, pwr/heated tow mirrors, side airbags, multidisc indash radio/Infinity, cruise, pwr locks & windows, OH puter, HO engine and pwr seat. I guess it's a SLT. Was there a SLT Laramie in 03? Craig
Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by C Schomer
I was very happy to find my used 03 cuz it had everything I wanted and none of the stuff I didn't want - it was like I ordered it myself. It was debadged so I don't know what it is. It has carpet, premium cloth w/40-20-40 seat, pwr/heated tow mirrors, side airbags, multidisc indash radio/Infinity, cruise, pwr locks & windows, OH puter, HO engine and pwr seat. I guess it's a SLT. Was there a SLT Laramie in 03? Craig
Sounds like you got a well optioned SLT. I think all laramies came with leather.

Quick Reply: ST, SLT, Laramie?