3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

SQueeelllling Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SQueeelllling Brakes

OK, how many of you have had your brakes changed yet and do they now squeel aduring low speed stops
I've taken it to the dealer to look at & they say the rotors don't need turning. They say it's got to be the non-OEM brake pads, Then I told them they are OEM pads and the third pair of different pads that I have installed. I still ge the squeels somtimes during light brake applicatons

Any ideas I'm going to the dealer tommorrow to get a set of those metal clips that are on the caliper brakets.
Oh yeah, I even put on some brake quiet stuff to no avail.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Chapter President

Angry Squealers

....have 'em check your calipers, I recently did the full Pad / Rotor replacement - and didn't check the calipers: 1000 miles later I had one TRASHED and one marginal rotor (and hammered pads, of course) as one caliper was almost completely stuck, and the other one had very little motion!
Old 08-06-2004, 09:54 AM

Rauschbo, Did you have any pulling to one side or the other when braking??? Did they cover the replacement of all the parts under warranty?? I am going to replace the stupid little metal slides as soon as I get some.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Chapter President

- yep, pulled like a BIG dog to the right under light braking, not as bad under heavy braking....the squealing was under light braking only, but when I dived on the binders, they were pretty quiet.
The rotor wear began on the inside, I couldn't really see it - until it was too late! You might check out the side that is pulling the hardest, pull the caliper / pads and see if you're sending the parts into an early grave....

- I had purchased the Napa (low dollar, bad move) parts, and while they offered to cut me some slack on replacements, I didn't take them up on it - it was my fault, pure and simple, no need on hitting them up for something I screwed up!

Check some of the other threads on Brakes, there's a LOAD of info from these guys!