3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.
View Poll Results: Which spray in liner do you have (prefer) and why?
Line-X
58.59%
Rhino
15.86%
Other (please list)
11.45%
I like bacon
14.10%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Spray in Liners (poll)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've got a Line-X and love it. Over the rail, extra over on the tailgate so when we lift it it's by the liner, not the paint. Engine blocks don't chip it; fluids don't stain it; only thing that put any chips in it was the deck of the Cub Cadet going over the outer/upper corner of the gate...and he fixed it for free. We've got Rhino on our work trucks - they oxidize badly, chip/chunk badly, and don't seem to age as well as the X in our (15 months / 30k miles) Ram.

Bacon is good too
Old 08-10-2006, 09:25 PM

Mmmm...Bacon. Seriously though, I don't have anything inside of the box except lots of scrapes and starting on some rust.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dad got Rhino-liner sprayed in his 2001 Tacoma when it was new; it seems like that was right when Rhino-liner was getting popular. Within a couple months the liner was just chipping off of the bed, the entire black liner looked washed-out and anything that was put into the bed gouged the heck out of the liner. The installers filled up the drain holes, so it rained and filled the truck bed and left water-marks.

He took it in for a respray under warranty, nothing was fixed. He finally got a plastic bedliner in his truck to protect his bedliner.

I would be extremely hesitant to put Rhinoliner on anything, altough I know that his case was more anecdotal than anything...
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 PM
BCB

well i had to vote i like baccon

I have a rhino in my 97 and it is just to "soft" to suit me it cuts easy and has faded pretty bad. If i had it to do over I would go with a line-X hand down the nicest liner i have seen yet.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 PM

rhino liner seems to not let things in the bed slide around. My rhino keeps things in place when i am driving. I used the Line X on he body of my truck about 8 inches up from the bottom of the body from front to rear to kee the rocks from chipping the paint and that stuff works great fot that,it cleans up nice and shiny evertime I wash it!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 PM

I have had Rhino liner and live in the more extreme climate area of NW Iowa and my liner has been in place for over a year. No chipping, cuts, etc. I like the softer feel for keeping things from sliding around. It has been first rate for me so far.

Things I haul. Lots of firewood and anything to do with home repair and nary aproblem.

There maybe is something to the older Rhino liner or maybe it is kind of the Dodge vs Ford vs Chevy debate
Old 08-10-2006, 09:58 PM

I am about to have my liner layed down. I chose line-x. Everyone I talked to that had it, absolutely thinks its the best. The Rhino I heard can fade in sunlight, and there was something someone told me about the different texture between the two (I dont remember what, but it was positive for line-x).
Old 08-10-2006, 10:22 PM

I voted for Line-x because that is what I have in the Ram. Had it about 2 years now. I pull a fiver and all the stuff that goes along with it. No problems yet.

We also have a Rhino in the wife's Tundra. Been there about 4 years now. No problems with it either, but she doesn't use/abuse her truck and liner like I do the Ram.

Both are holding up good for us. I think the big deciding factor is in how well the dealer preps the truck and mixes and applies the liner. Find yourself a good dealer, and you will get a good liner, no matter what brand.

Steve
Old 08-10-2006, 10:41 PM

My last two trucks have the linex in them. Been very happy with them.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 PM

the line-x seems thicker without being as rough textured.
though I don't own either one....if I were to go that route it would be line x
Old 08-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks again guys.

Line-X it is!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 12:27 AM

I had a Line- X in my last truck, Toff in my '06. I can't tell the difference. The Line- X held up well, time will tell the difference.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine has TOFF Liner. No problems so far.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:05 AM

You really should have listed Concrete because you know there's one guy on here that's running it. It may be more "pored" in than sprayed, but I'm sure it will last a long time

I may get mine line-x one of these days. I really do like them more than bed liners.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TAS05CTD610
You really should have listed Concrete because you know there's one guy on here that's running it. It may be more "pored" in than sprayed, but I'm sure it will last a long time

Ohhhhh no...please don't bring up Hoss's concrete bedliner again. Isn't there like a 1000 post thread on that?

Quick Reply: Spray in Liners (poll)