3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Snow Plow Prep Group .... "Warning"

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Snow Plow Prep Group .... "Warning"

I placed an order Saturday and I was charged for it. >
Old 03-25-2003, 08:18 AM

I Trust You Brought This To The Dealers Attention !!!!! ask him to show what is included in snow plow prep group with diesel
Old 03-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Banned

So let me get this straight. The only diff for the plow package is different front springs and a skid plate? And DC is giving this away free?
Old 03-25-2003, 09:16 AM

wrong !! please read the attachment below, skid plate, 750amp alt are included in other option groups, In no information i have seen is their a charge for springs if in fact their is a differant spring, if you have such information on a 85.00 charge for springs please post it
Old 03-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Banned

Okay now I'm pi*sed >. I coulda had a plow package for nothing that contains nothing.... ??? wait a minute...that would mean ALL trucks must come equipped with the plow package. Now DC will up the base price of the trucks 85 bucks and advertise plow package included N/C .....Why are they saying you can't get the plow package with the 6sp? If it includes nothing then all trucks have it by default. Hell I am gonna sue.... I want my plow package!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you called DC engineering to see what the front spring specs are?? Checked with a parts dept to see if they have different spring codes for plow/non plow applications? Just wantin to know........
Old 03-25-2003, 11:54 AM

I've gotta put in my two cents here, <br><br>I think that we've all gotten 85 bucks worth of entertainment just watching the frustration build. The amount of energy given to this subject could probably fuel one or two of our trucks towards the million mile club <br><br>But that's just me 8)
Old 03-25-2003, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I orderd my 2002 2500 Diesel Ram last year (Jan '02) the snow plow prep included front computer controlled HD front springs and harness for the plows electrical. I didn't order it because it counldn't be ordered with the Sport package. No mention of batteries. Standard was 2 136amp batteries. Not sure if the package has changed for 2003.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:22 PM

I have the 136 amp alternator also...with the Snow plow prep may I add.<br><br>I dont know how to decifer the front springs.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:36 PM

go back to you dealer and ask what was included in snow plow prep group for the 85.00 you payed ,The Springs is Not an Issue.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:23 PM
c5r

I tried via a different topic to try to get spring number from different truck setups, plow vs no plow. Besides being harrassed I only got one response that had no plow prep packages and had different spring numbers then I do. But since I did get alot of answers I could really see if it held true for all non plow prepped trucks.<br><br>Additionally in the users manual there was a statement in the snow plow section that automatic transmission trucks get a temperature montior for the transmission. I am not sure what its referring to though.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:11 PM

Here is written documentation that I have on hand from DaimlerChrysler concerning snowplow prep group option.... see attached .... I check for any fine print on this document and could not find any references to different Springs and I looked real hard!!!!!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Banned

[quote author=tomt link=board=17;threadid=11771;start=60#120294 date=1048624597]<br>go back to you dealer and ask what was included in snow plow prep group for the 85.00 you payed ,The Springs is Not an Issue.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Did you check the parts dept for different spring rates or part numbers??<br>BTW contacted my local dealer (not my selling dealer)today for the &quot;free&quot; plow package (showed them this thread) and they wondered why I needed it in Florida, ??? so to shut me up they gave me a coupon for a free meal, took my wife out and spent 60 bucks of their money. (buuurrrrrppppp). Still gonna bug them for the other 25 tho Best of luck on your quest
Old 03-26-2003, 07:51 AM

Update From DaimlerChrysler factory Representative !!!!!!

Dear Sir,

I have made Detroit aware that there is some confusion and
duplication in the website and printed materials regarding our 2500/
3500 series trucks. The Dodge truck code guide used by our
dealers states the 160amp alternator only comes with the EWA (V10)
engine when ordering the Heavy Duty Snow Prep Pkg. It probably
should read that the HD Snow Pkg is available with the V10 only
since there is a duplication of equipment
. Perhaps, Detroit will
make these changes since you have brought it to our attention.
Please be patient with us, sometimes, the wheels of progress
turn very slowly. My offer still stands to reimburse you the
wholesale cost of the package, $75.00. Let me know what
you would like to do?

Sincerely,

Gary J. Relf

My Reply will Follow, But Notice He Has Not addressed Why they are Charging 85.00 for Snow plow prep group which gives diesel Engine Owners nothing for their money !!!
Old 03-26-2003, 09:52 AM

[quote author=tomt link=board=17;threadid=11771;start=60#120198 date=1048605395]<br>wrong !! please read the attachment below, skid plate, 750amp alt are included in other option groups, In no information i have seen is their a charge for springs if in fact their is a differant spring, if you have such information on a 85.00 charge for springs please post it<br>[/quote]<br><br>My dealer told me that the truck i want the 85 dollars was only for pre drilled holes.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Banned

Well, it looks like your efforts paid some dividends. I was just on the dodge site (and kbb and edmunds) and they all now list the 160 amp altenator as only on the V10, 140 for everyone else. <br><br>In fact, on the dodge site, there wasn't even the ability to select the option on the 2500s and 3500s I was messing with on the build page. Very interesting.....<br>

Quick Reply: Snow Plow Prep Group .... "Warning"