3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Smash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Smash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have had my new Cummins a tad over 2 months. Had a Toyota run a stop sign at 35mph today and smoke me............Hit the front and spun around and hit the bed between the cab and rear wheel. I am hoping it will be able to be fixed.............. I saw it coming and hit the brakes and turned some when they hit me. Got the shoulder knocked into the side of the door and the neck is a tad sore tonight..........Truck was still running and I am not so sure if it couldnt have been driven still but I had it towed to my friends bodyshop............Will see tomorrow what happens..........

Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Betcha that's what the driver was doing when they hit you too

Glad your ok. Hope the damage to the truck is minor.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy crap... bet she felt that! Can't move those heavy chunks of Cummins iron that easy sideways huh?
hope it all works out. The front doesnt look too bad but it's the hidden damage that drives up the estimate.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Go thing your ok and heal up soon. Hope it can be fixed man. I hope she has Insurance.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Go thing your ok and heal up soon. Hope it can be fixed man. I hope she has Insurance.
Good that you're ok. I remember you posting about this truck and sounded like you found the "perfect truck" for you. That's what makes it really suck.

Regarding insurance, I learned a long time ago, the hard way, and then had the opportunity to test my theory and it worked.
Never give up your insurance info at the accident scene if you believe you're not at fault (if you are then own up and give your ins info obviosly). Even if it means getting a no proof of insurance ticket.
If the other person is un insured or under insured even if you're not at fault your insurance can get stuck with their bill. Also alot of accidents are deemed "partial fault" and you as the person who was not at fault can get assigned a small percentage of fault when the insurance companies negotiate with each other.
I (or my parents as it was their policy at the time) was assigned 6% fault in a bad car accident that sent the 2 occupants of the other car to the hospital, 1 life flighted and essentailly totalled 2 cars, sending my passenger to the ER as well for minor injuries. Other driver got to traffic violations relating to her actions leading up to the accident. I got none but was "6%" at fault???
Cost my ins co about $10k and raised my (parents) rates as a result.

On the flip side I was the front car in a 3 car rear ender. Driver #2 no insurance, driver #3 suspended license. I refused to give my insurance info, collected damages to my truck from driver #3's insurance even though that person's car never touched me.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:03 PM

Been in contact with insurance 6 times today. All is moving along there. Was hoping to hear if the truck can be fixed by 5pm but didnt hear. I was at the body shop and they seemed to think it could be fixed but wanted to get it on a lift as the car hit my front tire and then spun and hit the back tire. The rims and tires are boogered up. Got better pictures of the damage. The drives door has 2 small dent and a scrape but all doors opened and closed just fine as I got my stuff out of it.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It doesn't look bad at all. I bet the front susp is ok too. These trucks are made to take a beating.
Wheels don't look bad, but 2 damaged wheels should get you enough $ for a nice set of aluminum OE takeoff wheels and a few bucks in your pocket selling the steelies.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 PM

Takes way more than that to bring down a RAM! No way it hurt the frame without utterly destroying the car. Your baby will be fine.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:49 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
In Ca you have a year to sign off any medical claims. I'm not suggesting fleecing them,but be real careful about your neck,shoulder or any other aches,pains that started after the incident.
I'm with AAA here and got hit by another AAA member. The company was real fair,but I held off for 11 months to be sure.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 PM

Well good news today the truck can be fixed. 5200$ in body work. 2 new wheels and it has to go to the alignment shop as the drivers front wheel is knocked out of alignment. Maybe some front end parts but that will be determined when it goes to the alignment shop. Sounds like it will be 2nd week in January before I get it back. I got a Chevy Impala rental car today..................not impressed at all with it...............

Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Take a very close look at the two tires that were hit. Could have some damaged cords.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gatorama
Take a very close look at the two tires that were hit. Could have some damaged cords.

Yeah theres gonna be new tires clear around on it before too long........Hope I get it back in 2 weeks..........really missing my truck!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM

Well the truck is all done and painted...........at the alignment shop where they found a bent front knuckle. National back order on parts. Trying to get a used part in. May be another week before I get my truck back!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 AM

Well we are still waiting on the truck. Still a national back order for a steering knuckle. They found a junkyard part off a 62000 mile truck for me and it got lost in the mail.............as of wednesday they had no idea when my truck will be fixed. I hope they find the lost knuckle or Chrysler gets some parts in!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 PM

Well I got my truck back today! 30 days! The body shop got ahold of a Chrysler rep who located a steering knuckle for me and got it shipped in. Got new tie rod ends and control arm as well as the hub and bearing and 2 new wheels. Body repair looks super good. New front fender and bumper. Did some door work and repaired the bed side. Got a new battery as the hit knocked the drivers side battery for a loop.

I kinda wished they had hit the other side as that bed side had some scratches on it. HA!

7681$ was the total for repair!

Quick Reply: Smash!!!!!!!!!!!!