3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Sirrus radio still recieving after 1 yr freebie has expired.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirrus radio still recieving after 1 yr freebie has expired.

Anybody know what the consequences are? I did not give them a credit card number. I bought the truck in august 1, 2005 and was not able to use the Sirrus radio until late fall 2005 because of the camper blocking the antenna. They sent me a letter stating that the free year would end december 2006. I've move since. Is a bill heading my way? Thanks.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:13 AM

I would check into it with them if I were you. Many freebie type offers like that only end when YOU cancel it at the end of the free trial period. If you don't cancel it often times turns into a month-to-month contract.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OR Mega Cab
I would check into it with them if I were you. Many freebie type offers like that only end when YOU cancel it at the end of the free trial period. If you don't cancel it often times turns into a month-to-month contract.
i thnk in the cse of Sirius though It was probably hooked up by the dealer. Every LAramie I got in had Sirius already activated. I think mostly because they are dealer traded and so hard to get. They drive them instead of trailering cause it is cheaper to drive them.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's probably like AOL, if you don't cancel it three times in 6 different languages they will send you the bill in 3 months.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cwrhnr
It's probably like AOL, if you don't cancel it three times in 6 different languages they will send you the bill in 3 months.
So very true! "Let me speak to your supervisor!, WHY? Because I want to talk to someone that understands what I want!, Why do you want to cancel? None of your business!, WHY?" On and On and On.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 PM

I signed up Christmas 06 and it automatically reupped me this past Christmas.
No phone call or email, just a billing to my credit card.
It's automatic but if they don't have your CC I'd assume they'll go to Dodge for your billing address.
If you like it it's worth the $100 IMHO.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
So very true! "Let me speak to your supervisor!, WHY? Because I want to talk to someone that understands what I want!, Why do you want to cancel? None of your business!, WHY?" On and On and On.
This sounds like DirecWay/Hughesnet Satellite internet...worst customer service ive ever seen in my life...its like they wont let you cancel...they **** you off to the point to where you just keep the service even if you dont use it just because you literally cant get through to these people.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:31 PM

Nah, their customer service is top notch. They are easy to talk to and knowledgeable. Worth every penny IMHO.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:34 PM

And it won't be long and you will get the XM stations as well . . . . . I think. They merged . . . right? Then the price will be $200 per year.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
"But I can give you the next 3 months free because you are such a valued customer sir? Do you still want to cancel?" But I show based on your account that you use your service quite a bit everyday. Why would you want to cancel? How about the next 6 months free?"

My wife knows someone who used to work for AOL and those people you are transfered to about canceling your account are called their "SAVE TEAM" They get commission based on keeping people from canceling. That crap drives me insane. It makes you want to say turn off the f****** stuff now.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:15 PM

I wish I had that problem. I quit receiving my free year almost a month ago. I bought my truck the end of April so I should still have time left. I cannot get them to reactivate it. I've used the automated several times and actually spoke with a person several times. Nada. I've pretty much given up.

Carl
Old 03-20-2007, 11:46 PM

When I called to get it activated, They wanted to get my credit card. I told them to forget it, just give me the one year as promised when I purchase the truck. They grumbed and did it. I did do the activation, punching it the numbers, but I did not give them a credit card so I believe that they should have turned it off. If not, how could they charge me, it's a subscription, like a magazine, right? or they should send me a bill if they wanted future business. Ya never know, till ya know. I haven't driven this truck more than about 50 miles in the last 2 months.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:50 PM

I didn't give them my credit card with my free year, only my VIN on the truck. I declined any further options, and still enjoying it today!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:52 PM

Call them up and check, and see how the weather is in India
Old 03-21-2007, 10:37 AM

By not responding you have agreed to a 5 year contract at $250 per year. You can cancel it but it will cost $189.95.

Just kidding.

Quick Reply: Sirrus radio still recieving after 1 yr freebie has expired.