3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.
View Poll Results: Should I do stacks?
Yes, Go with stacks!
31.52%
No, Keep the truck just as it is!
68.48%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Should I Do Stacks? POLL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I Do Stacks? POLL!!!!

Ok. I have been thinking about doing some 6" or 7" Angle Cuts. It's a very hard decision for me and I need some help. What do you guys think? I just don't want to go overkill with the truck. I personaly think the stacks would finish it off, but it looks good just the way it is too. So, please help me with this. All comments and opinions are welcome. Even some pics might help too.

They will be positioned like this:

Here are a few pics of my truck as of right now:

Thanks for all the help, ERIC
Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 AM

Well I can tell you from personal experience of having 6 inch flat tops on my 03 quad cab that they can get REALLY FREAKIN LOUD in the cab. as far as looks go I'm personally about to ditch mine and go to a custom exhaust that i am going to build myself. On your truck im not too sure how a set of big stacks would look. No offense but to me your truck is too small for a set of 7 inch stacks and even 6 inches might look funny to me, but like I said im not trying to offend you. My truck like I said is quad cab dually and it is also on 22.5s but it has a 6 inch lift with 40 inch drive tires so my 6 inch stacks look about the same as your truck with a set of 5 inchers on it. A local guy has a truck that could possibly be your trucks identical twin and he is running 5 inch miter cuts and it looks really good. Just my own opinions, i hope i didnt step on anyones toes too bad.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:42 AM

it wouldn't look good on your truck. also, everybody and thier brother is running a set of stacks.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 AM

Ask someone that knows photochop to put a set in the pictures to see how they'd look.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 AM

(My 2ø)

I don't like stacks, it's like a little kid wanting to make his little truck look like a semi...

... or a little kid wanting to make his bicycle look like a Harley!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I vote NO. Leave it the way it is.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:21 AM

Personally your truck is super clean I would not draw attention away from it with stacks.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:14 AM

everyone has stacks, i wouldnt do them. if anything put bigger tips on your truck- maybe 6"? i want to do stacks on my truck, but stacks are everywhere so i wont be doing them i think. i like your truck the way it is- very clean. keep it that way.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 AM

Thanks for the great comments and everyones opinions! With the truck being a reg. cab, stacks may just be too much. The truck is so short that the stacks will probably stand out way to much. I don't know though. Let's see what the poll shows and I will base my decision on that.

Thanks again and keep the opinions coming, ERIC.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:20 AM

Do one stack...6 or 7 inch to the right of the 3rd brake light, looks good!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 AM

First of all,why would you care what we all think?

If you like stacks,get a set.

Now for the original question. IMO stacks are ugly. I think 22.5s are ugly also.

IMO they just don't look right. It makes the truck look goofy.

Other than the 285s,my truck is entirely stock. I know alot of guys think my truck is lame because it isn't riding on 35" tires,20"+ rims and doesn't have 600 hp.

When people tell me they don't like my truck,or it needs this or that,I couldn't care less. I didn't drop $35k on a truck to make it look like someone else thinks it should.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:42 AM

I normally don't like stacks but I think it would finish your truck off with the tire and wheel combo your running.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by SundayMoney
First of all,why would you care what we all think?

If you like stacks,get a set.

Now for the original question. IMO stacks are ugly. I think 22.5s are ugly also.

IMO they just don't look right. It makes the truck look goofy.

Other than the 285s,my truck is entirely stock. I know alot of guys think my truck is lame because it isn't riding on 35" tires,20"+ rims and doesn't have 600 hp.

When people tell me they don't like my truck,or it needs this or that,I couldn't care less. I didn't drop $35k on a truck to make it look like someone else thinks it should.
I do care what other people think when it comes to some things. In this case the stacks. But, when it came to the 22.5s, I didn't care what anybody else thought. I liked them. The stacks, I'm having a hard time with though just because I like them but maybe not on my truck. With that said, the rest of the truck is perfect to me. Thanks for your opinion though.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 AM

Your truck is probably my favorite dually on the site. It just has a clean look to it. I also say NO to the stacks. I would vote for some duals with a couple of big fat tips on them. I would also think that a set of nice molded steps would look great in body color. Unless you have the fold down steps already...

Some of those sidepipes would look cool too.....
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 AM

If you do stacks don't stop there add the chrome fender lips, a visor, dual CB antennas on the mirrors, big chrome cow catcher, and running boards with lights. Oh don't forget the bulls head on the door, dingle ***** in the interior and and a red white and green flag.

Quick Reply: Should I Do Stacks? POLL!!!!