3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Resonator on 06 CTD - Got to go!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Resonator on 06 CTD - Got to go!

Hey guys, got a stock 4" exhaust, except for cat delete on it. I want to get rid of the tailpipe resonator and replace the stock muffler with a better aftermarket muffler. I do not want to get the "cat back" kit, since I already have the cat delete pipe on. Anybody know of any aftermarket tailpipe being made without the resonator?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was wondering the same thing, i didnt want to buy a catback either but that might be the only option. the muffler shops in my small town cant bend 4"
Old 02-12-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
there was a MBRP complete kit on here earlier, would be a cheap way to go.

any pre 06 pipes would not have the over the axle resonator.

i have been wanting 2 resonators - was gonna put one on either end of a muffler delete pipe,

with the Cat, and the original Resonator, and those 2 - should be quite & cheap, and flow pretty well (assuming the resonator is a straight thru)

let me know if you get it cut off in decent shape.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:30 PM

Yep, have the same problem in my town. No one can work with anything larger than 3" diameter pipe. I did find one site that has the "muffler delete pipe", go to http://www.rpmoutlet.com/dieselx.htm. Only problem, I tried calling them, never could get thru. Hesitant about ordering from a site whom I can't even contact the customer support dept by phone! Anybody ever dealt with RPM Outlet?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FlaCracker
Hey guys, got a stock 4" exhaust, except for cat delete on it. I want to get rid of the tailpipe resonator and replace the stock muffler with a better aftermarket muffler. I do not want to get the "cat back" kit, since I already have the cat delete pipe on. Anybody know of any aftermarket tailpipe being made without the resonator?
Talk to Eddie at Diesel Performance Systems, Inc. He quoted me $89 for a new 5" tail peice along with the reducer.. I was just going to replace the muffler and resonator on my 06 but I ended up replacing the whole thing..

Shane

www.dieselperformancesystem.com
Old 02-12-2007, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aeroturbine 4040.........I have the 4040L with resonator.

Rick
Old 02-13-2007, 12:22 AM

Yep, have the same problem in my town. No one can work with anything larger than 3" diameter pipe. I did find one site that has the "muffler delete pipe", go to http://www.rpmoutlet.com/dieselx.htm. Only problem, I tried calling them, never could get thru. Hesitant about ordering from a site whom I can't even contact the customer support dept by phone! Anybody ever dealt with RPM Outlet?
I ordered mine last week off the website and got it in 2 days.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

A lot of people have had problems with that company on here... Check out the company that I posted earlier in the thread... Guaranteed better service...

Shane
Old 02-13-2007, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
A lot of people have had problems with that company on here... Check out the company that I posted earlier in the thread... Guaranteed better service...

Shane
After hearing all the problems I went with them anyways. Couldn't believe how fast the pipe got here. I am in tx so it didn't have to ship too far.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:40 PM

I ordered my "muffler delete pipe" from RPM Outlet last night, will let you know how long it takes to receive it and if I have any problems. Price total, including handling & shipping, came out to $59.90.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:24 PM

Cracker, yeah post up. i been looking at theirs for awhile.

the Cummins dealer (out on 295?) should have 4 inch band clamps.

the other posts i saw said the cat and the resonator were perfect for most folks.

you David Hiram?
Old 02-13-2007, 08:06 PM

04ctd, sounds like you know Jacksonville, Fla. Your sig says Charleston, SC. Did you use to live here?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:02 PM

3~4 years in St Marys Ga - in other words, if i wanted to go out to eat, I went to Jax.

there's 3 or 4 guys on here from the Sub Base.

i traded the 04 for the 06 at Bennett Chrysler in St Marys.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by 04ctd
Cracker, yeah post up. i been looking at theirs for awhile.

the Cummins dealer (out on 295?) should have 4 inch band clamps.

the other posts i saw said the cat and the resonator were perfect for most folks.

you David Hiram?
I like the sound of mine with just a muffler delete pipe. Install sucked. Why dont they use a different style clamp like Fords?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fordracing19
I like the sound of mine with just a muffler delete pipe. Install sucked. Why dont they use a different style clamp like Fords?
I don't know, but just be glad they didn't use an engine like Ford's!!!

I deleted the muffler and kept the cat/resonator. Couldn't be happier with the sound (tone and volume). No drone on the highway even when towing 5-6k. Not very noticeable inside the cab, but sounds bad *** from the outside!

Quick Reply: Resonator on 06 CTD - Got to go!