3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Removing Mega rear seats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because cats don't belong in or on our trucks
Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM

Don't know if this problem got solved but I had a foam company (Columbus Foam products) make up a super hard foam (like styrofoam almost) "filler" piece that fills the gap betwene the rear of the front seats and the rear and then a custom pad goes on top. Diesel (my Great Dane) rolls in style!!! It's amazing how much space is back there (even with my system).

Just take out the headrests as well!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RJOS
Thanks stump... Hey pass I didn't see what wiggs did...that sounds like a good idea. Also line-exing the back sounds like a good idea as well. My biggest problem is when the seats are down, that flat area is too high for the dude to put his front paws on. Front paws up, dad lifts his big butt the rest of the way into the truck. I even got a ramp but with a 6 inch lift and 37's it is like a 75 degree incline. Thanks again for all the suggestions, gonna check out what wiggs did. Maybe I should just buy a civic! Not!
Wish people would stay with the question. I, too, am wanted to remove the rear seats (different reason which I won't get into so as not to hyjack the thread about pets). What did you end up doing? Did you find a way to get the seat out or did you just leave it in?
Mike
Old 03-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by mmcbride56
Wish people would stay with the question. I, too, am wanted to remove the rear seats (different reason which I won't get into so as not to hyjack the thread about pets). What did you end up doing? Did you find a way to get the seat out or did you just leave it in?
Mike
Check your attitude at the door...it isn't welcome on this forum.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Check your attitude at the door...it isn't welcome on this forum.
What attitude Lary...just seeking facts. People want to talk about pets, there are plenty of other forums/pets for that. I thought this was a technical forum for helping people with dodge trucks not dog trucks? The question was about how to remove the rear seats. I have the same question. I shouldn't have to weed through half the responses to that having nothing to do with the question. I subscribe to many technical forums, some as a paid subscriber because I find great value in the material. Before I pay for subscription here, I need to find that value. So far, I haven't seen it. So if you want to ban me, so be it. There are plenty of other forums out there.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by mmcbride56
What attitude Lary...just seeking facts. People want to talk about pets, there are plenty of other forums/pets for that. I thought this was a technical forum for helping people with dodge trucks not dog trucks? The question was about how to remove the rear seats. I have the same question. I shouldn't have to weed through half the responses to that having nothing to do with the question. I subscribe to many technical forums, some as a paid subscriber because I find great value in the material. Before I pay for subscription here, I need to find that value. So far, I haven't seen it. So if you want to ban me, so be it. There are plenty of other forums out there.
No one is asking you for any money here, this forum is FREE. If you do not like the content... hit the road and don't let the door hit you on the back side as you leave. If you want to stay here please do so but don't bother wasting time trying to lecture us on what you do or don't like in a thread.

Lots of members have pets and that adds specific issues to the mix as well, the threads have to be able to cater to EVERYONE not just your interpretation of viable technical information.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
= the threads have to be able to cater to EVERYONE not just your interpretation of viable technical information.
Check your attitude at the door Lary, no one likes a wise guy smart mouthing. Your still beating a
Old 03-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

We don't beat dead horses around here we ship them off to the glue factory...adios
Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just pulled my rear seat to get it recovered,
There is one stud with a nut on it one the drivers side front.
with another 4 bolts across the front.

On the back side of the of the seat there are 6 bolts that you will need a long extension to reach you will need a good light to be able to find them all.

All the bolts are 17mm in size and are going to be tight as hell because the bolts go thru the floor and are exposed to salt mud ext.

You will also need a couple stout freinds to help because that thing is heavy and awkard, It will have to be folded to fit thur the door and a strap to hold it down will make this a little eaiser.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 PM

Thanks for that. I need to remove mine to get some stuff trapped in the brackets the kids dropped.