3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Pulling to the right, anything I can do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh, seems like you have a problem there. Why did you set it all the way to max? Max is 5 degrees.

I set mine at 4.5 and on some surfaces it will slighty pull to the left.

Supposidly according to the guy at the alignment shop the more positive the more it'll pull to the left and vice versa.

Also... How are your tires? Seems like you're avoiding that issue maybe .
Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 PM

Thanks for the reply... Tires are new Goodyears. I have tried 3 different sets of tires on it with the same results. If I knew all of the steering wheels are crooked and it's just the truck, I would be satisfied with that. But I can't stand the pulling. It makes the truck irritating to drive on long trips.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM

BTW I set the caster to max because raspy told me to.. but I set it back to center on the driver's side.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 PM

Yeah go get it all set again and keep it at like 4.5+ degrees. 5 is max I believe.

The range on toe is like .05-.15. I have mine at .01.

Thuren one time said to set it to 0 but they wouldn't allow it at Midas.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:01 PM

Also think about ball joints... maybe offset ones if you have a leveling kit.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 PM

balljoints affect camber, not caster, and should not be related to a leveling kit. Caster could be changed by a leveling kit, and if no trackbar drop bracket or adjustable track bar, you could get some pull due to that.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 PM

Sorry guys, no leveling kit. This truck is completely stock. 265/70r17 tires too. I will probably try getting it aligned at a different shop.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 AM

Yeah I'd try a different shop and if everything is inline I'd look for worn or bent parts.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by plug ugly
balljoints affect camber, not caster, and should not be related to a leveling kit. Caster could be changed by a leveling kit, and if no trackbar drop bracket or adjustable track bar, you could get some pull due to that.
Seems like offset balljoints help some people... I just used an adjustable trackbar and everything is ok.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:54 AM

Truck is at the dealer today getting the injectors checked out. I told them to check it and see if they could figure out why it is pulling. We'll see what they say...
Old 06-11-2008, 09:10 PM

Dealer called this afternoon. They said the upper ball joints are worn which could cause the pulling. Could worn ball joints cause it to pull?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
Also think about ball joints... maybe offset ones if you have a leveling kit.
Originally Posted by plug ugly

I had offset ball joints installed because my truck drifted to the right after the level kit was installed (along with bigger tires and wheels). Offset ball joints cured it for me. I have heard others say installing an adjustable trackbar will also fix it. Good luck

Side note-- after the level kit the axle has shifted about 1/2"-5/8" to the drivers side. Offset ball joints don't fix this!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by rbox
Dealer called this afternoon. They said the upper ball joints are worn which could cause the pulling. Could worn ball joints cause it to pull?
i dont know if it can but i had my whole front end done, upper and lower ball joints and the u-joints and my truck still pulls to the right.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:15 PM

I got it back from the dealer (it was in for new injectors) and they did an alignment on it. Now it pulls to the right even harder.

They said the upper ball joints are worn which is probably causing it. I'm not sure I believe that. I would think that would make the steering sloppy but not a consistent, hard pull to the right???

They won't mess with the alignment anymore until after I get new ball joints. I'm afraid I will do the ball joints and it will still pull and they will tell me I'm SOL. Are they feeding me a line of BS??
Old 06-22-2008, 02:02 PM

tire fix

When my truck started pulling to the right i knew exactly what to do. I let air out of the left tire and added air to the right therefore balancing the straightenability steering geometrics. Alot easier than adding a bunch of aftermarket stuff. Tires are cheap! Parts add up!

Quick Reply: Pulling to the right, anything I can do?