3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Protection

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protection

I all
Proud first time owner of a 2003 2500 SLT 4x4 reg cab long box HO CTD auto. This is a major dollar truck for me and I would like to protect it for the long term. Have installed all season sst grills, rhino liner over the rails and rear wheel well liners. Next is heavy duty flaps and tube steps. While crawling around under the truck noticed the rust appearing on the axles,drive shafts, universals, muffler clamps etc. What do you guys recommend for prep&paint?Truck sat on the lot for a year (I watched it all that time) and I got it with 15 miles on it April 30/04. I live on the coast in B.C. so the winters are not a salty concern. However it is a rain forest and water can be a problem. The cummins engine control box? on the lower drivers front side of the block looks exposed to me and has anybody tried to seal the terminals with electrical cable shrink wrap? What the heck is with the power stearing hoses going to its own rad all about? That looks like a hazardous location for thoses hoses on a logging road. Anyone mount a skid plate up front? I think I'll stop here, too many questions and kindly wait for a reply.
Love this truck... N.Johnson
Old 05-25-2004, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rad for the power steering is to cool the power steering fluid.

As far as all the bits underneath that have rust appearing. Just spray some black rustoleum on it and forget it. It's not going to hurt anything the way it is.

Spend more time driving it and less time under it and you will find it a much more pleasant experience. THey really are nice trucks.

2 cents and no change.