programming NEW keyless Fobs - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

programming NEW keyless Fobs

Old 01-13-2007, 04:29 AM

programming NEW keyless Fobs

i searched, but all posts are way old, maybe someone has new info. my truck has the keyless option, but the garbage dealer i bought it from never gave me the Fobs. i got two new ones for my model truck off ebay. can i set them up myself without having an already operating fob? or do i HAVE to see the stinkin dealer i am getting ready to sue to get them programmed
Old 01-13-2007, 07:42 AM

You can do it yourself, just follow the instructions that were sent with them. I cant remember just what they were but I programmed one for my 05. very simple. I did already have one though, just needed two.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by rockittboy View Post
i searched, but all posts are way old, maybe someone has new info. my truck has the keyless option, but the garbage dealer i bought it from never gave me the Fobs. i got two new ones for my model truck off ebay. can i set them up myself without having an already operating fob? or do i HAVE to see the stinkin dealer i am getting ready to sue to get them programmed
Go to Bigdealcenter.com. They have instructions for $10.00 I bought a new fob from them and the install was included. Very simple to do. The dealer will charge an arm and leg to do a 5 minute job. Maybe you could get lucky and a tech with a dealer on here could tell you how to do it. If you had a operating fob it would have to be programed at the same time as the new one.
Marv.