3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Powerjoke

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powerjoke

I was bored today and decided to go out test drive one of the 2006 powerjokes (250, 4door, 4x4, auto) just to see why people would even buy these things. Let me just say that things are a a joke and a half. Theyre loud (compared to our CRDs), make all kind of weird noises underneath, interior is designed funny and uncomftable, doesnt feel like theres much power, steerings sloopy and slow, I could go on for days... Extra room in the back seat is nice but thats about it. The salesman didnt like me either after telling him it was a terd and didnt even want to think about buying one...

Me to the salesman: Youre telling me someone would actually pay 45000 for this terd?
Salesman: So does that mean youre not interested?
Me (pointing to my cummins): Never was and youd feel the same way if you drove my cummins!

Seriously, I cant even imagine buying one of those things ever. Heck, ford in general.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:46 PM

ouch...the MAIN positive that i like about ford trucks and the main advantage they have is that ford specializes in the fleet business...they make trucks that are ready for work with dump boxes, utility boxes, or whatever straight from the factory...and they give large discounts to businesses and townships that buy trucks in numbers...they are the only ones who do that...hence u see the majority of townships and companies using nothing but fords....people see that and think automatically that they "must" be the best work trucks and buy them only to learn otherwise

the end

signed mr T __________ (room for autograph)
Old 03-06-2006, 05:05 AM

I agree with you for sure in two respects: The steering is sloppy, and seats are no good. When cornering, the seats throw you out the side kind of like the old bench seats used to do. Also too much body roll. I had a 2001 Ford for a while (a mistake a hate to admit). The comparison of that to the CTD is not even close, and that was the old 7.3L which was awesome compared their dud 6.0's
Old 03-06-2006, 08:04 AM

The seats depend on the cab. I had a asuper cab and loved the seats, bought a crew cab and didn't like the seats. The Fords do feel like your steering a dumptruck, I loved both of mine and I'd buy another one. In fact if I get rained on one more time in my Ram I'm gonna buy one!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:14 AM

I borrow a 06 King ranch because I don't have a goose hitch installed in mine yet.
I like the truck, Super nice, the built in brake controller is bad ***!